RE: [NTB] The Version of This File Is Not Compatible With The Version of Windows

  • LaurieK
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 6, 2010
      WOW, that's odd. I have Win 7 64bit as well. I've had no such problems.

      There are things to try like in NoteTab associate the .otl extension to
      Notetab

      View > Options > File Filters..

      See if that is in place, if not, add it.

      Good luck.

      Laurie

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 6, 2010
        Hi Laurie,

        Thanks for your reply.

        <<There are things to try like in NoteTab associate the .otl extension to
        Notetab >>

        I had already done that. The problem is not with file associations. The error
        message says the version of NTP is incompatible with Win7 64-bit.

        I just discovered the problem. I was running version 6.12/fv. Moments ago, I
        updated to v6.2/fv, and the compatibility issue disappeared.

        Other strange behavior that is now corrected:

        I didn't have the Swiss flag icon on OTL files nor on NotePro.exe itself.

        None of my clip libraries were visible on the clipbar nor when I pressed F4 to
        bring up the clipbook panel.

        When I had double-clicked on any of the CLB library files, I was getting the
        same incompatibility error message as was displayed when I had tried to open
        an OTL file.

        I am mentioning all these problems that are now corrected because others may
        one day search the archive and they will see that the upgrade to version 6.2
        fixes all these issues.

        Ray Shapp