Re: [NTB] Replace NoteTab in Windows 7

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 3, 2010
      Hi Ray,

      On 03 Jun 10 03:08 Ray Shapp <ras45@...> said:

      > I have associated all TXT files with NoteTab, but that doesn't help
      > when I click on "view source" in MSIE or Firefox.
      >
      > Has anyone developed a work-around to permit "view source" to
      > display web page markup within NoteTab?

      In IE8 I would hit F12 to bring up the "Developer Tools" window then,
      ALT-F, C, O and pick NoteTab from the dialogue.

      In FF just install an Add-on that allows you to select your choice of
      application for editing pages. I use "Web Developer"
      (http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/) qwhich provides a
      similar set of features to the Developer Tools window of IE. Under its
      "Tools" menu has a facility to allow you to add an "Edit Page" option.
      There are many other Add-ons that will do it if you don't want all the
      facilities of Web Developer.

      Greg
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
        To All,

        I am migrating to a new PC running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

        When I double-click on an outline file (OTL), I see the following error, "The
        version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're
        running".

        In Control Panel > Default Programs, OTL files are already associated with
        NoteTab Pro 6.12/fv. Also, if I use the File > Open... menu from within
        NoteTab, any outline opens and can be manipulated normally.

        Possibly relevant: NotePro.exe is installed in D:\Program Files (x86)\NoteTab
        Pro 6.

        What must I do to convince Win7 to launch OTL files normally?

        Thanks for your help.

        Ray Shapp
      • LaurieK
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 6, 2010
          WOW, that's odd. I have Win 7 64bit as well. I've had no such problems.

          There are things to try like in NoteTab associate the .otl extension to
          Notetab

          View > Options > File Filters..

          See if that is in place, if not, add it.

          Good luck.

          Laurie

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 6, 2010
            Hi Laurie,

            Thanks for your reply.

            <<There are things to try like in NoteTab associate the .otl extension to
            Notetab >>

            I had already done that. The problem is not with file associations. The error
            message says the version of NTP is incompatible with Win7 64-bit.

            I just discovered the problem. I was running version 6.12/fv. Moments ago, I
            updated to v6.2/fv, and the compatibility issue disappeared.

            Other strange behavior that is now corrected:

            I didn't have the Swiss flag icon on OTL files nor on NotePro.exe itself.

            None of my clip libraries were visible on the clipbar nor when I pressed F4 to
            bring up the clipbook panel.

            When I had double-clicked on any of the CLB library files, I was getting the
            same incompatibility error message as was displayed when I had tried to open
            an OTL file.

            I am mentioning all these problems that are now corrected because others may
            one day search the archive and they will see that the upgrade to version 6.2
            fixes all these issues.

            Ray Shapp