Re: [NTB] Cursor and highlighting

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 11 , May 13, 2010
      Thanks for the tips, Art. I'll experiment with those.

      Bruce

      > Art Kocsis <artkns@...>

      > 1) Does the "string of characters" span two lines? If so, you may be moving
      > the mouse slightly vertically when you click and your motion sensitivity
      > (speed), may be set too high.

      > 2) Check your mouse parameters (Control panel | Mouse) for both the
      > double-click speed and Pointer speed (slow either or both way down) and
      > see if the problem persists

    • loro
      Message 2 of 11 , May 13, 2010
        bruce.somers@... wrote:
        > > It has always been that way. To select the line/paragraph you need to
        > > single-click in the left margin, just to the left of where the line
        > > begins. The cursor arrow changes direction when you are over the
        > right spot.
        >
        >That seems always to select a line, not a sentence or a paragraph.

        Sorry, I didn't think about word wrap. If WW is on, single-click
        selects the line and double-click selects the paragraph (regardless
        in front of which line you click).

        >Is it explained somewher in Help?

        Don't find anything. But I found this which I didn't know.

        "Double-clicking on the hint line in the status bar all the text in
        the current document."

        Lotta
      • loro
        Message 3 of 11 , May 13, 2010
          I wrote:
          >But I found this which I didn't know.
          >
          >"Double-clicking on the hint line in the status bar all the text in
          >the current document."

          Should be:
          Double-clicking on the hint line in the status bar SELECTS all the
          text in the current document.

          Sigh.
          Lotta
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 11 , May 13, 2010
            I'd never paid much attention to single vs double vs treble clicking.
            After some testing between 4.95 light, 6.2/fv 6.2 light and 6.2 standard
            I think the different behavior is attributable to light+standard vs pro.
            AFAICT light and standard (probably 4.95 thru 6.2) exhibit the triple
            click behavior to select a paragraph (ie up to carriage return)

            Also noticed something I never had before - in 6.2 pro - double click at
            end of word or between two spaces between words (but not just in front
            of a word) selects the containing group of words (ie delimited by most
            special characters). I'm not positive but this *might* be the same set
            that would be spanned by a regex w+.

            So I don't think its a bug or a change - just a difference between the
            two input controls used by different versions of Notetab. Pro using one,
            Light+standard using the other.

            Message 5 of 11 , May 13, 2010
              Alec Burgess wrote:
              >I'd never paid much attention to single vs double vs treble clicking.
              >After some testing between 4.95 light, 6.2/fv 6.2 light and 6.2 standard
              >I think the different behavior is attributable to light+standard vs pro.

              Oh yeah. You are right.

              >Also noticed something I never had before - in 6.2 pro - double click at
              >end of word or between two spaces between words (but not just in front
              >of a word) selects the containing group of words (ie delimited by most
              >special characters). I'm not positive but this *might* be the same set
              >that would be spanned by a regex w+.

              I get very funny behavior in 6.1 and maybe inconsistent. When I
              first tried what you describe above on a quoted word I thought it
              selected the last quote and the word but not the first quote. Now it
              all of a sudden selects the space and to EOL??? Maybe this has
              changed during the development of v 6?

              I also discovered something new (for me). If you click just before
              the first OR last quotation mark the word including quotes are selected.

              I go upgrade to 6.2.

              Lotta