Re: [NTB] Cursor and highlighting

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 11 , May 13 10:21 AM
      Thanks for the tips, Art. I'll experiment with those.

      Bruce

    • bruce.somers@web.de
      Message 2 of 11 , May 13 10:23 AM
        Thanks, Lotta.

        > loro <tabbie@...>

        > It has always been that way. To select the line/paragraph you need to
        > single-click in the left margin, just to the left of where the line
        > begins. The cursor arrow changes direction when you are over the right spot.

        That seems always to select a line, not a sentence or a paragraph.

        Is it explained somewher in Help?

        Bruce

      • loro
        Message 3 of 11 , May 13 12:17 PM
          bruce.somers@... wrote:
          > > It has always been that way. To select the line/paragraph you need to
          > > single-click in the left margin, just to the left of where the line
          > > begins. The cursor arrow changes direction when you are over the
          > right spot.
          >
          >That seems always to select a line, not a sentence or a paragraph.

          Sorry, I didn't think about word wrap. If WW is on, single-click
          selects the line and double-click selects the paragraph (regardless
          in front of which line you click).

          >Is it explained somewher in Help?

          Don't find anything. But I found this which I didn't know.

          "Double-clicking on the hint line in the status bar all the text in
          the current document."

          Lotta
        • loro
          Message 4 of 11 , May 13 1:49 PM
            I wrote:
            >But I found this which I didn't know.
            >
            >"Double-clicking on the hint line in the status bar all the text in
            >the current document."

            Should be:
            Double-clicking on the hint line in the status bar SELECTS all the
            text in the current document.

            Sigh.
            Lotta
          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 11 , May 13 2:53 PM
              I'd never paid much attention to single vs double vs treble clicking.
              After some testing between 4.95 light, 6.2/fv 6.2 light and 6.2 standard
              I think the different behavior is attributable to light+standard vs pro.
              AFAICT light and standard (probably 4.95 thru 6.2) exhibit the triple
              click behavior to select a paragraph (ie up to carriage return)

              Also noticed something I never had before - in 6.2 pro - double click at
              end of word or between two spaces between words (but not just in front
              of a word) selects the containing group of words (ie delimited by most
              special characters). I'm not positive but this *might* be the same set
              that would be spanned by a regex w+.

              So I don't think its a bug or a change - just a difference between the
              two input controls used by different versions of Notetab. Pro using one,
              Light+standard using the other.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 13 11:56 PM
                Alec Burgess wrote:
                >I'd never paid much attention to single vs double vs treble clicking.
                >After some testing between 4.95 light, 6.2/fv 6.2 light and 6.2 standard
                >I think the different behavior is attributable to light+standard vs pro.

                Oh yeah. You are right.

                >Also noticed something I never had before - in 6.2 pro - double click at
                >end of word or between two spaces between words (but not just in front
                >of a word) selects the containing group of words (ie delimited by most
                >special characters). I'm not positive but this *might* be the same set
                >that would be spanned by a regex w+.

                I get very funny behavior in 6.1 and maybe inconsistent. When I
                first tried what you describe above on a quoted word I thought it
                selected the last quote and the word but not the first quote. Now it
                all of a sudden selects the space and to EOL??? Maybe this has
                changed during the development of v 6?

                I also discovered something new (for me). If you click just before
                the first OR last quotation mark the word including quotes are selected.

                I go upgrade to 6.2.

                Lotta