Re: [NTB] Cursor and highlighting

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 11 , May 11, 2010
      Op 11-mei-10, om 23:27 heeft Art Kocsis het volgende geschreven:

      >> I encounter different behavior in NoteTab (6.2/fv).
      >>
      >> Clicking three times seems to be the same as clicking twice.

      Same here. Same version, same behaviour
      --
      Adrien
    • loro
      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2010
        bruce.somers@... wrote:
        >Clicking three times highlighted the sentence containing the word.
        >
        >I encounter different behavior in NoteTab (6.2/fv).
        >
        >Clicking three times seems to be the same as clicking twice.

        It has always been that way. To select the line/paragraph you need to
        single-click in the left margin, just to the left of where the line
        begins. The cursor arrow changes direction when you are over the right spot.

        Lotta
      • bruce.somers@web.de
        Message 3 of 11 , May 13, 2010
          Thanks for the tips, Art. I'll experiment with those.

          Bruce

        • bruce.somers@web.de
          Message 4 of 11 , May 13, 2010
            Thanks, Lotta.

            > loro <tabbie@...>

            > It has always been that way. To select the line/paragraph you need to
            > single-click in the left margin, just to the left of where the line
            > begins. The cursor arrow changes direction when you are over the right spot.

            That seems always to select a line, not a sentence or a paragraph.

            Is it explained somewher in Help?

            Bruce

          • loro
            Message 5 of 11 , May 13, 2010
              bruce.somers@... wrote:
              > > It has always been that way. To select the line/paragraph you need to
              > > single-click in the left margin, just to the left of where the line
              > > begins. The cursor arrow changes direction when you are over the
              > right spot.
              >
              >That seems always to select a line, not a sentence or a paragraph.

              Sorry, I didn't think about word wrap. If WW is on, single-click
              selects the line and double-click selects the paragraph (regardless
              in front of which line you click).

              >Is it explained somewher in Help?

              Don't find anything. But I found this which I didn't know.

              "Double-clicking on the hint line in the status bar all the text in
              the current document."

              Lotta
            • loro
              Message 6 of 11 , May 13, 2010
                I wrote:
                >But I found this which I didn't know.
                >
                >"Double-clicking on the hint line in the status bar all the text in
                >the current document."

                Should be:
                Double-clicking on the hint line in the status bar SELECTS all the
                text in the current document.

                Sigh.
                Lotta
              • Alec Burgess
                Message 7 of 11 , May 13, 2010
                  I'd never paid much attention to single vs double vs treble clicking.
                  After some testing between 4.95 light, 6.2/fv 6.2 light and 6.2 standard
                  I think the different behavior is attributable to light+standard vs pro.
                  AFAICT light and standard (probably 4.95 thru 6.2) exhibit the triple
                  click behavior to select a paragraph (ie up to carriage return)

                  Also noticed something I never had before - in 6.2 pro - double click at
                  end of word or between two spaces between words (but not just in front
                  of a word) selects the containing group of words (ie delimited by most
                  special characters). I'm not positive but this *might* be the same set
                  that would be spanned by a regex w+.

                  So I don't think its a bug or a change - just a difference between the
                  two input controls used by different versions of Notetab. Pro using one,
                  Light+standard using the other.

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 13, 2010
                    Alec Burgess wrote:
                    >I'd never paid much attention to single vs double vs treble clicking.
                    >After some testing between 4.95 light, 6.2/fv 6.2 light and 6.2 standard
                    >I think the different behavior is attributable to light+standard vs pro.

                    Oh yeah. You are right.

                    >Also noticed something I never had before - in 6.2 pro - double click at
                    >end of word or between two spaces between words (but not just in front
                    >of a word) selects the containing group of words (ie delimited by most
                    >special characters). I'm not positive but this *might* be the same set
                    >that would be spanned by a regex w+.

                    I get very funny behavior in 6.1 and maybe inconsistent. When I
                    first tried what you describe above on a quoted word I thought it
                    selected the last quote and the word but not the first quote. Now it
                    all of a sudden selects the space and to EOL??? Maybe this has
                    changed during the development of v 6?

                    I also discovered something new (for me). If you click just before
                    the first OR last quotation mark the word including quotes are selected.

                    I go upgrade to 6.2.

                    Lotta