Re: Scroll list of anything

  • larry
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9, 2010
      I replaced my notepad with Notetab but my scroll wheel now doesnt scroll text! I have to go to the scroll bar on the right. It won't work with Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000?

      I use scroll wheel constantly and need its use.

      Thanks, larry
    • Scott Fordin
      Message 2 of 7 , May 10, 2010
        Someone else correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'd be really surprised
        if Notetab is the culprit here. Does scrolling still work with other
        programs?

        Scott

        larry wrote:

        > I replaced my notepad with Notetab but my scroll wheel now doesnt scroll
        > text! I have to go to the scroll bar on the right. It won't work with
        > Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000?
        >
        > I use scroll wheel constantly and need its use.
        >
        > Thanks, larry

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 7 , May 10, 2010
          I use my scroll wheel constantly in NoteTab. It scrolls whatever is focused. If Vista or Win 7, you
          might need to set up NoteTab to always run as administrator. I automatically do that for all my
          programs, since administrator accounts in Vista and Win 7 are not 'full' administrators as they are
          in XP. Right click the icon, choose Properties, compatibility, and check the always run this program
          as an administrator checkbox.

          Regards,
          John

          larry wrote:

          > I replaced my notepad with Notetab but my scroll wheel now doesnt scroll
          > text! I have to go to the scroll bar on the right. It won't work with
          > Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000?
          >
          > I use scroll wheel constantly and need its use.
          >
          > Thanks, larry

        • Scott Fordin
          Message 4 of 7 , May 10, 2010
            FWIW, I also use my scroll wheel in Notetab in Vista (32-bit) without
            any issues. However, I don't need to run it as Administrator for the
            scroll wheel to work. I installed Notetab as Administrator -- I install
            pretty much everything in Vista as Administrator (misbegotten UAC) --
            but I run it as a regular user. You might want to try reinstalling your
            mouse drivers.

            Scott