Re: Creating a Find and Replace Script or Macro in ntp

  • helvetica_switzerland
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2010
      If you mean it needs to replace every single . in a notetab or other text file, copy the following line and save them as a clip under a name of your choice in the Pasteclips list (first rightclick anywhere in the pasteclips window, Add New Clip.. enter the name you want.. and then paste the following line ( the one between the **start** and **end** lines into the next window you see.

      **start**
      ^!Replace . .^p^p GA
      **end**

      Note that between the first dot and the second one, there is a TAB. There is another TAB between the second ^p and the GA. So check that there are indeed tabs there.
      To use it, open all the documents, then simply double-click the name of the clip in your right hand PasteClips window.
      All it means is: Command: Replace all . occurrences with . and newline + newline. GA is sort of "get all".
      If the ^p^p gives you a line too many, simply right click the clip..edit clip..delete the last ^p making sure that the tab is still ok, save and bob's your uncle.

      Hope this helps.