Unneeded file list

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2010
      Hello,

      NoteTab Pro 6.2 has suddenly begun to display a list of the open files to the right of the editing area. This duplicates the information already on the tabs. I don't know what has initiated this or how I can remove it. If I knew what it is called, I might be able to find it in Help. Searching for 'open fles' or 'file list' yields nothing.

      Can someone help? Many thanks.

      Bruce
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2010
        Hi
        It might be you have changed the heading of the clipbook ,open the library
        and at the top should be
        = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

        H=";"

        if it is not there will display text.
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > NoteTab Pro 6.2 has suddenly begun to display a list of the open files to
        > the right of the editing area. This duplicates the information already on
        > the tabs. I don't know what has initiated this or how I can remove it. If
        > I knew what it is called, I might be able to find it in Help. Searching
        > for 'open fles' or 'file list' yields nothing.
        >
        > Can someone help? Many thanks.
        >
        > Bruce

      • loro
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2010
          Bruce wrote:
          >NoteTab Pro 6.2 has suddenly begun to display a list of the open
          >files to the right of the editing area. This duplicates the
          >information already on the tabs. I don't know what has initiated
          >this or how I can remove it. If I knew what it is called, I might be
          >able to find it in Help. Searching for 'open fles' or 'file list'
          >yields nothing.

          The Quick List as it's called is a multi-purpose window. Right-click
          over it and you can choose from 4 options. It's the middle section on
          the context menu that pops up.

          I checked Help. Search for Quick List and you'll find it.

          Lotta
        • Alex Plantema
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 23, 2010
            Op vrijdag 23 april 2010 17:16 schreef bruce.somers@...:

            > NoteTab Pro 6.2 has suddenly begun to display a list of the open
            > files to the right of the editing area. This duplicates the
            > information already on the tabs. I don't know what has initiated this
            > or how I can remove it. If I knew what it is called, I might be able
            > to find it in Help. Searching for 'open fles' or 'file list' yields
            > nothing.
            >
            > Can someone help? Many thanks.

            You can toggle displaying this list with F6.

            Remarkably there's no checkbox to change this on the View tab of the Options.

            Alex.
          • Bruce Meyers
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 23, 2010
              On the menu choose Tools and you will find Quick List. Click on it and you will turn
              off the quick list.

              Bruce Meyers

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 23, 2010
                Thanks to all who replied. F6 did the trick.

                I think it most likely that I had wanted to hold down Fn and press F6, but missed the Fn.

                Back in business now. Many thanks.

                Bruce
              • Jeff
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 23, 2010
                  Hit the F6 button

                  On 4/23/2010 8:16 AM, bruce.somers@... wrote:
                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > NoteTab Pro 6.2 has suddenly begun to display a list of the open files to the right of the editing area. This duplicates the information already on the tabs. I don't know what has initiated this or how I can remove it. If I knew what it is called, I might be able to find it in Help. Searching for 'open fles' or 'file list' yields nothing.
                  >
                  > Can someone help? Many thanks.
                  >
                  > Bruce

                  Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
                  Flockmaster,

                  http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/

                  Play AstroEmpires
                  http://beta.astroempires.com/?ref=B.115420

                  "There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

                  AND: "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."

                  Robert Anson Heinlein, 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress' 1966

                  Politicians invest in "Pork futures", the more PORK, the better their future.
                  WE need a "Low Cholesterol Diet."