RE: [NTB] How to give CSE HTML validator access to Clipbook?

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2010
      You need to take control of the .exe and the folder. I install NoteTab in my own C:\Programs\NoteTab
      folder so Windows can't mess with it.

      Here's what you need to do:

      Right click your NoteTab icon and choose properties.

      Choose Compatibility tab.

      At the bottom, click Change settings for all users

      Click the Run this program as an administrator in the 'Compatibility for all users' tab, then OK,
      OK.

      Browse to the NoteTab folder with Windows Explorer and right click, properties.

      In the NoteTab Pro Properties dialog, select the security tab.

      Choose Advanced.

      In the Advanced Security Settings for NoteTab Pro dialog, choose the Permissions tab.

      Set 'Authenticated Users' permission to full control.

      Make sure Apply To is 'This folder, subfolders and files', then OK, OK, Ok.

      That should do it, but you might STILL have problems if you have UAC turned on - shadow copy may
      move things behind your back to 'protect' the Program Files folders. In that case, you should
      probably install as I described above. There is no rational reason for using Program Files other
      than it is a handy way to know where things are installed. Now that it is protected, it is worse
      than the problems it is trying to prevent.

      Regards,

      John

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2010
        John, thank you so much. I gave up on setting the permissions after trying several timnes, because I still had to run it as admin. I obviously did something wrong... But a reinstall in c:\Programs was soooo easy and worked like a charm. The issue is solved and headaches gone ;-)
        Thank you for your help!