Printing from NoteTab Light

  • j.wagg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2010
      I have been a longtime user of NoteTab Light--back at least to v4.86. A few years ago, after an upgrade, it stopped printing; by that, I mean blank pages came out of the printer. Although I tried to figure it out by myself several times, I finally found this forum today.

      There was enough information here that I now know what the problem is, but I hope there is some kind of work-around so I can go back to my old setup.

      For as long as I have used the program, I have had << File > Page Setup > Text > Use document font >> checked (this option may have been in a different place in previous versions).

      For the document font, I have always used Lucida Sans Typewriter - Regular - 11pt. Occasionally I use a different typeface, and the printer always followed my choice in the document.

      I also set << View > Options > Colors >> so the background is dark blue and the text is white--similar to Word's option of "Blue background, white text".

      Now I realize that at some point in version revisions, the printer started following the "colors" scheme, instead of printing black, regardless of the color setting. When I unhooked "Use document font" today, it printed black text again.

      Is there any way for me to get the previous behavior back, where printing ignored the selected color display scheme? I never had to worry about there being a difference between what I saw and what was printed in the older version, but now there is one more thing to worry about for printing.

      --Chuck