Clip to get day of week

  • orkgandalf
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2010
      Not sure i'm posting in the right group. I remember having something specific for clips but, anyway, here it goes.

      I'm looking for a clip to calculate the day of the week according to a given date in this way:

      I write
      20041106-
      then I click a key combination and notetab calculates and completes:
      20041106-Fri

      Please, let me know if you have something or can give me hints on how to get it.

      Thanks. Orks.
    • Don Daugherty
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2010
        On 4/14/2010 1:19 PM, orkgandalf wrote:
        > Not sure i'm posting in the right group. I remember having something specific for clips but, anyway, here it goes.
        >
        > I'm looking for a clip to calculate the day of the week according to a given date in this way:
        >
        > I write
        > 20041106-
        > then I click a key combination and notetab calculates and completes:
        > 20041106-Fri
        >
        > Please, let me know if you have something or can give me hints on how to get it.
        >
        > Thanks. Orks.

        You probably want to post over on the Clips list (see the end of this
        message for subscribe linka id you're not already on that list.) What
        you want will involve ^$GetDay()$ and several other functions and commands.