Re: [NTB] Re: Use NotePro.ini on D drive in Win7

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 29 1:17 PM
      On 3/28/2010 11:57 AM, Sheri wrote:
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Ray Shapp<ras45@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Please tell me where the saved NotePro.ini file needs to go for
      >> NTPro to use it.
      >>
      > If you just want to determine the default location, you can open a console window and enter:
      >
      > echo %appdata%
      >
      > The default data folder is within that location, for Pro it is the subdirectory, "NoteTab Pro".
      >
      > Or you can specify where you want NoteTab to read and store user data, with command line switches on the Windows shortcut you use to start NoteTab.
      >
      > Personally I like Light to use the same folder as Pro. On my XP shortcut for Light I have:
      >
      > /USER="C:\Documents and Settings\Sheri\Application Data\NoteTab Pro" /INI=notelight.ini
      >
      > That causes it to use "notelight.ini" in the NoteTab Pro data folder. It ends up using the same libraries, etc. as my Pro installation.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sheri

      I just read this thread today, and viola, it spoke exactly to a need I
      encountered an hour earlier -- I wanted to run NoteTab Light from a
      batch file and use one of my NotePro Clips. The above showed me exactly
      how to do it! (I could also show people an hours worth of ways it can't
      be done!)
      Thanks for your continuing contributions to these lists.
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 6, 2010
        Hi Alec, Dave, John, Sheri, and All,

        Many thanks to you for this valuable thread. You have gone beyond answering my
        original question which was <Where to copy my customized NotePro.ini file when
        moving from a WinXP PC to a Win7 PC?>

        In my case, the answer is to copy NotePro.ini into the "C:\
        Users\RAS\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro" folder.

        I could have followed John's advice to do the job more simply, but the free
        "Everything" utility suggested by Alec got my attention first. Here's the link
        again: http://www.voidtools.com/

        I don't ever use NT Lite. Also I have installed most of my programs (including
        NTP) onto the D drive. Maybe that explains why my original attempt (placing
        NotePro.ini into D:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro6) didn't work.

        Bottom line: Problem solved. I have a new utility in my toolkit. I learned a
        little more about NoteTab.

        Again, thanks to all.

        Ray Shapp