RE: [NTB] Re: Use NotePro.ini on D drive in Win7

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 28, 2010
      Sheri,

      I start NTP more often by double clicking on a text or ini file than by
      using its icon. If the icon isn't used, those switches would be ignored,
      wouldn't they?

      Regards,

      John

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 28, 2010

        > Sheri,
        >
        > I start NTP more often by double clicking on a text or ini file
        > than by using its icon. If the icon isn't used, those switches
        > would be ignored, wouldn't they?

        I right click a file and select "Send To". My shortcuts there have my switches.

        The location of those shortcuts on my system is C:\Documents and Settings\Sheri\SendTo
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 28, 2010
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Sheri,
          > >
          > > I start NTP more often by double clicking on a text or ini file
          > > than by using its icon. If the icon isn't used, those switches
          > > would be ignored, wouldn't they?
          >
          > I right click a file and select "Send To". My shortcuts there have my switches.
          >
          > The location of those shortcuts on my system is C:\Documents and Settings\Sheri\SendTo

          I just changed the "Folder Options" for my TXT files ("open" item) to NoteTab Light and those switches. Worked fine. Now double-clicking txt files opens them in NTL with previously specified options. Also added the no-splash switch, /NS

          Regards,
          Sheri
        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 29, 2010
            On 3/28/2010 11:57 AM, Sheri wrote:
            > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Ray Shapp<ras45@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Please tell me where the saved NotePro.ini file needs to go for
            >> NTPro to use it.
            >>
            > If you just want to determine the default location, you can open a console window and enter:
            >
            > echo %appdata%
            >
            > The default data folder is within that location, for Pro it is the subdirectory, "NoteTab Pro".
            >
            > Or you can specify where you want NoteTab to read and store user data, with command line switches on the Windows shortcut you use to start NoteTab.
            >
            > Personally I like Light to use the same folder as Pro. On my XP shortcut for Light I have:
            >
            > /USER="C:\Documents and Settings\Sheri\Application Data\NoteTab Pro" /INI=notelight.ini
            >
            > That causes it to use "notelight.ini" in the NoteTab Pro data folder. It ends up using the same libraries, etc. as my Pro installation.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Sheri

            I just read this thread today, and viola, it spoke exactly to a need I
            encountered an hour earlier -- I wanted to run NoteTab Light from a
            batch file and use one of my NotePro Clips. The above showed me exactly
            how to do it! (I could also show people an hours worth of ways it can't
            be done!)
            Thanks for your continuing contributions to these lists.
          • Ray Shapp
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 6, 2010
              Hi Alec, Dave, John, Sheri, and All,

              Many thanks to you for this valuable thread. You have gone beyond answering my
              original question which was <Where to copy my customized NotePro.ini file when
              moving from a WinXP PC to a Win7 PC?>

              In my case, the answer is to copy NotePro.ini into the "C:\
              Users\RAS\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro" folder.

              I could have followed John's advice to do the job more simply, but the free
              "Everything" utility suggested by Alec got my attention first. Here's the link
              again: http://www.voidtools.com/

              I don't ever use NT Lite. Also I have installed most of my programs (including
              NTP) onto the D drive. Maybe that explains why my original attempt (placing
              NotePro.ini into D:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro6) didn't work.

              Bottom line: Problem solved. I have a new utility in my toolkit. I learned a
              little more about NoteTab.

              Again, thanks to all.

              Ray Shapp