Migrating to new machine. (Second plea)

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 19, 2010
      I am using NoteTab Pro 6.12/fv on a machine running Windows XP

      I am migrating to a new machine using Windows 7. Where do I find and
      how do I transfer the serial number?

      Many thanks,

      Robin Chapple
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 19, 2010
        From the Help file:

        Q. I have lost my license key. How can I re-install NoteTab?

        A. NoteTab doesn't use license keys. The paid version is a different program
        file from the trial version. If you still have the paid Setup program for
        NoteTab, then simply install it to get up and running again. Unless you have
        purchased an Extended Download Warranty that is still valid, it is your
        responsibility to keep a backup copy of the paid setup program file, which
        you should store in a safe place off your computer.

        If you have a still-valid Extended Download Warranty from RegNow, you can
        re-download your paid version of NoteTab by using the personal download link
        supplied in the registration email sent to you when you purchased a license.

        If you have a still-valid Extended Download Warranty from Plimus, you can
        re-download your paid version of NoteTab by using the "Reactivate Download"
        link in the receipt email that was sent to you when you purchased your
        license..

        Regards,

        John

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 19, 2010
          Robin Chapple wrote:
          > I am using NoteTab Pro 6.12/fv on a machine running Windows XP
          >
          > I am migrating to a new machine using Windows 7. Where do I find and
          > how do I transfer the serial number?
          >
          > Many thanks,
          >
          > Robin Chapple

          Robin,

          The easiest way to migrate is to copy the NoteTab main, and its
          subfolders, to a flash drive or DVD and copy that to the new machine.
          You may have to copy any folders in 'Documents and Settings also.
          This should leave everything intact after transferring. With this
          method you won't lose any of your custom settings or custom clipbooks.

          This method should work with XP, I'm not sure about Win7 though. You
          might consider upgrading your copy after the transfer, 6.2 is the
          current version.

          ºvº SL_day# 078 - created 2010.03.19_16.34.35

          Great Truth About Growing Old:
          • It's frustrating when you know all the answers
          • but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

          € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

        • Robin Chapple
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 19, 2010
            Thanks John,

            That was the answer.

            Robin

            At 20/03/2010 08:30 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

            >A. NoteTab doesn't use license keys. The paid version is a different program
            >file from the trial version. If you still have the paid Setup program for
            >NoteTab, then simply install it to get up and running again. Unless you have
            >purchased an Extended Download Warranty that is still valid, it is your
            >responsibility to keep a backup copy of the paid setup program file, which
            >you should store in a safe place off your computer.

          • Sean or Mona
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 27, 2010
              At 20/03/2010 08:30 AM, John Shotsky wrote:

              >A. NoteTab doesn't use license keys. The paid version is a different program
              >file from the trial version. If you still have the paid Setup program for
              >NoteTab, then simply install it to get up and running again. Unless you have
              >purchased an Extended Download Warranty that is still valid, it is your
              >responsibility to keep a backup copy of the paid setup program file, which
              >you should store in a safe place off your computer.

              Even then..... I just switched to a new computer. I think my latest copy of NoteTab died with my old machine. I did have a backup of an earlier 6.x setup file on CD - installed it, and got it updated to the current version.

              I've known it for a long time. NoteTab is a great program and Eric doesn't leave his loyal customers stranded. That is, he gives everyone the means to restore the program because we ALL keep backups

              Oh neat. I was expecting a silly ASCII smiley not something animated from this newfangled email program (which may still show up as ASCII to some, I suppose)

            • Lou
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 15, 2010
                Isn't there something in the setup to do this?

                Lou
              • Marty
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 16, 2010
                  Says so, but I have never been able to get it to actually work! haha

                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Lou <mogur2@...> wrote:

                  > Isn't there something in the setup to do this?
                  >
                  > Lou

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 16, 2010
                    Hi
                    there is nothing to setup notepad are text files they open normally double
                    click ?
                    THANKYOU DAVE M

                    > Says so, but I have never been able to get it to actually work! haha
                    >
                    > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Lou <mogur2@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Isn't there something in the setup to do this?
                    >>
                    >> Lou

                  • John Shotsky
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 16, 2010
                      This has been asked and answered.

                      Right click a text file, choose Open with, Set default Program, then choose NoteTab.

                      Regards,

                      John

                      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> , Lou <mogur2@...> wrote:

                      > Isn't there something in the setup to do this?
                      >
                      > Lou

                    • Marty
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 17, 2010
                        Wow, see how that works? Thank you, John. Your explanation finally sunk in for me. It is much appreciated.

                        Marty.