Re: [NTB] The simplest aspects of printing.

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6 1:49 AM
      On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:10:11 +0100 (CET), bruce.somers@... so much as wrote:

      Printing from NoteTabPro: It currently prints

      Auf "Sprecher" klicken: alle neue Sprecher auswählen und mit "
      Kopieren PC>Flash" auf das Gerät übertragen.

      It does the same with parentheses, inserting a newline right after the parenthesis.
      ---------------------

      By my count that is 61 characters before the line break. Under View-Options-Documents, what figure do you see in the Wrap to Column box? If it is 61, then that is the value to change. The default is 70.

      Why the wrap should come after the quotation mark I do not know. -
      ---------------------

      Well, no matter at what position the line length exceeds the paper width, printed lines will have to be split. But it should be done after the SPACE and directly BEFORE an opening quotation mark or an opening parenthesis.

      It makes NO SENSE to start a new line right AFTER an opening quotation mark or AFTER an opening parenthesis, separating them from the word and/or character string that follows.

      The "Wrap to Column" value should be used to affect the screen display, not the printout.

      That all seems pretty elementary, or am I all wet?

      Bruce
    • Tony Hirtenstein
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7 10:26 AM
        On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:49:22 +0100 (CET), bruce.somers@... so much as wrote:

        ; The "Wrap to Column" value should be used to affect the screen display, not the printout.

        Ahem, yes.

        I copied the text from your message into NoteTab and looked at Print
        Preview. The lines wrap after 'PC>', which is after 72 characters.

        --

        ******************* A.T.Hirtenstein ****************************
        West Oxfordshire ******************* <tonyh@...>
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 9 12:07 PM
          Useful link, despite using another program as the example.

          http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12617/how-to-replace-notepad-in-windows-7/

          --
          MCBastos

          use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

          -=-=-
          ... BOFH excuse #222:
          I'm not sure. Try calling the Internet's head office -- it's in the book.
        • John Shotsky
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 9 1:08 PM
            WOW!!

            That is far easier than right clicking on a text file and choosing 'Open
            with', Choose Default program, and browsing to NoteTab pro. (And make sure
            'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is checked.)

            Regards,

            John