Re: [NTB] looping through a document and getting text statistics on separate parts

  • loro
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2010
      arthurkendall80 wrote:
      >Now I would want to get the text statistics for each of the papers
      >separately. Does Notetab have the capability of splitting up a file
      >based on contents? In this instance each paper starts with
      >"FEDERALIST No." Can Notetab create a folder with separate files for
      >each paper and text statistics for each paper?

      Yes, with a clip (script). Although you don't have to split the files
      if you don't need to for other reasons. Text statistics work on
      selected text also.

      >Can Notetab be used to go though all the files in a folder and
      >produce text statistics for each?

      Same answer, with a clip.

      >If so where in the documentation would I look to see how to do do
      >either or both of these tasks.

      There's a special Help file for the clip language. Help menu -> Help
      on Clip Programming.

      If you meed help with writing such a clip, please sign up to the clip list.
      <ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

      Lotta