Re: [NTB] Text reformat clip #2

  • westerman2010
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
      Don

      I tried it on several different blocks of text and it worked PERFECTLY every time. Thank you. Much appreciated.

      Is it possible to select a few lines within the text and do the same thing, but instead of printing below, copy to the clipboard?

      Craig

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

      > Okay here you go ...
      > ;clip by don AT htmlfixit DOT com
      > ;http://www.xyz.com/swift.html|Gulliver's Travels - Swift
      > ^!Jump Doc_Start
      > ^!SetArray %authors%=^$GetDocMatchAll("^.* - (.+)";1)$
      > ^!Jump Doc_End
      > ^!InsertText ^P
      > :Loop
      > ^!InsertText ^%authors^%authors0%%
      > ^!If "^%authors0%" = "1" End
      > ^!If "^%authors0%" <> "2" comma ELSE and
      > :comma
      > ^!InsertText ,^%SPACE%
      > ^!Goto LoopCont
      > :and
      > ^!InsertText ^%SPACE%and^%SPACE%
      > ^!Goto LoopCont
      > :LoopCont
      > ^!Dec %authors0%
      > ^!Goto Loop
      > ;line 20
      >
      > As a separate aside, GetDocMatchAll has a problem ... I cannot anchor to
      > the line end.
      > dollar sign $ dollar sign $
      > Dollar sign is an anchor that matches at
      > the end of the subject string or right
      > before the string-ending newline
      >

      > If I used that in the above ...
      > ^!SetArray %authors%=^$GetDocMatchAll("^.* - (.+)$";1)$
      >
      > It gives an error. I don't think it should.
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

        > As a separate aside, GetDocMatchAll has a problem ... I cannot
        > anchor to the line end.

        Use ^%dollar% --
        <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/message/20154>

        Clip discussion s/b on the clips list.

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
          Holy cow I had no idea we weren't on the clips list ... sorry everybody :-)
          Since the question was a follow up and prior question was a clip made a
          bold assumption.

          Good to know about the dollar variable being used in this instance ...
          still seems a bit quirky, but at least I know.

          Copying to the clips list now for all follow up discussion by me and
          hopefully others.