Re: [NTB] Text reformat clip #2

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
      Okay here you go ...
      ;clip by don AT htmlfixit DOT com
      ;http://www.xyz.com/swift.html|Gulliver's Travels - Swift
      ^!Jump Doc_Start
      ^!SetArray %authors%=^$GetDocMatchAll("^.* - (.+)";1)$
      ^!Jump Doc_End
      ^!InsertText ^P
      :Loop
      ^!InsertText ^%authors^%authors0%%
      ^!If "^%authors0%" = "1" End
      ^!If "^%authors0%" <> "2" comma ELSE and
      :comma
      ^!InsertText ,^%SPACE%
      ^!Goto LoopCont
      :and
      ^!InsertText ^%SPACE%and^%SPACE%
      ^!Goto LoopCont
      :LoopCont
      ^!Dec %authors0%
      ^!Goto Loop
      ;line 20

      As a separate aside, GetDocMatchAll has a problem ... I cannot anchor to
      the line end.
      dollar sign $ dollar sign $
      Dollar sign is an anchor that matches at
      the end of the subject string or right
      before the string-ending newline

      If I used that in the above ...
      ^!SetArray %authors%=^$GetDocMatchAll("^.* - (.+)$";1)$

      It gives an error. I don't think it should.

      westerman2010 wrote:
      > Alec I've been using the clip you did and it is saving sooo much time. Thanks again. Thanks to Don also.
      >
      > Need another clip. The way we are doing it is very awkward. Need to grab last name on each line. Print in reverse order under original text, separated by a comma except for last two names get a "and" between them.
      >

      > raw text
      >
      > http://www.xyz.com/swift.html|Gulliver's Travels - Swift
      > http://www.xyz.com/austin.html|Pride and Prejudice - Austen
      > http://www.xyz.com/decervantes.html|Don Quixote - de Cervantes
      > http://www.xyz.com/dickens.html|Oliver Twist - Dickens
      > http://www.xyz.com/hawthorne.html|The Scarlet Letter - Hawthorne
      > http://www.xyz.com/melville.html|Moby-Dick - Melville
      >

      > reformatted
      >
      > http://www.xyz.com/swift.html|Gulliver's Travels - Swift
      > http://www.xyz.com/austin.html|Pride and Prejudice - Austen
      > http://www.xyz.com/decervantes.html|Don Quixote - de Cervantes
      > http://www.xyz.com/dickens.html|Oliver Twist - Dickens
      > http://www.xyz.com/hawthorne.html|The Scarlet Letter - Hawthorne
      > http://www.xyz.com/melville.html|Moby-Dick - Melville
      >
      > Melville, Hawthorne, Dickens, de Cervantes, Austen and Swift

    • westerman2010
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
        Don

        I tried it on several different blocks of text and it worked PERFECTLY every time. Thank you. Much appreciated.

        Is it possible to select a few lines within the text and do the same thing, but instead of printing below, copy to the clipboard?

        Craig

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

        > Okay here you go ...
        > ;clip by don AT htmlfixit DOT com
        > ;http://www.xyz.com/swift.html|Gulliver's Travels - Swift
        > ^!Jump Doc_Start
        > ^!SetArray %authors%=^$GetDocMatchAll("^.* - (.+)";1)$
        > ^!Jump Doc_End
        > ^!InsertText ^P
        > :Loop
        > ^!InsertText ^%authors^%authors0%%
        > ^!If "^%authors0%" = "1" End
        > ^!If "^%authors0%" <> "2" comma ELSE and
        > :comma
        > ^!InsertText ,^%SPACE%
        > ^!Goto LoopCont
        > :and
        > ^!InsertText ^%SPACE%and^%SPACE%
        > ^!Goto LoopCont
        > :LoopCont
        > ^!Dec %authors0%
        > ^!Goto Loop
        > ;line 20
        >
        > As a separate aside, GetDocMatchAll has a problem ... I cannot anchor to
        > the line end.
        > dollar sign $ dollar sign $
        > Dollar sign is an anchor that matches at
        > the end of the subject string or right
        > before the string-ending newline
        >

        > If I used that in the above ...
        > ^!SetArray %authors%=^$GetDocMatchAll("^.* - (.+)$";1)$
        >
        > It gives an error. I don't think it should.
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

          > As a separate aside, GetDocMatchAll has a problem ... I cannot
          > anchor to the line end.

          Use ^%dollar% --
          <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/message/20154>

          Clip discussion s/b on the clips list.

          Regards,
          Sheri
        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
            Holy cow I had no idea we weren't on the clips list ... sorry everybody :-)
            Since the question was a follow up and prior question was a clip made a
            bold assumption.

            Good to know about the dollar variable being used in this instance ...
            still seems a bit quirky, but at least I know.

            Copying to the clips list now for all follow up discussion by me and
            hopefully others.