Re: [NTB] Need help - reformat text clip

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
      Craig:

      ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)\r\n" >>
      ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai

      above may line wrap -- its all one line. (note in above space char can
      be used in place of \x20 - tend to use the hex format because its more
      visible to reader)

      westerman2010 wrote:
      > Need a clip to put referance at the end, wrap in quotation marks and wrap with color code formatting. I have 100s of these to do. Help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thx Craig
      >

      > Original format
      >
      > --
      >
      > Luke 24:44
      > And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
      >
      > Luke 24:46
      > And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.
      >
      > --
      >
      > Altered format
      >
      > --
      >
      > "[COLOR="DarkRed"]And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.[/COLOR]" -- Luke 24:44
      >
      > "[COLOR="DarkRed"]And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.[/COLOR]" -- Luke 24:46

    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
        Something like this ...
        ;clip by don AT htmlfixit DOT com
        ^!Replace "^(Matthew|Mark|Luke|John)(.*)\r\n(.*)\r\n" >>
        ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$3[/COLOR]" -- $1$2\r\n" WARS

        westerman2010 wrote:
        > Need a clip to put referance at the end, wrap in quotation marks and wrap with color code formatting. I have 100s of these to do. Help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thx Craig
        >

        > Original format
        >
        > --
        >
        > Luke 24:44
        > And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
        >
        > Luke 24:46
        > And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.
        >
        > --
        >
        > Altered format
        >
        > --
        >
        > "[COLOR="DarkRed"]And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.[/COLOR]" -- Luke 24:44
        >
        > "[COLOR="DarkRed"]And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.[/COLOR]" -- Luke 24:46
      • westerman2010
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
          I tried with and without selecting text. Nothing happens.

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

          > Craig:
          >
          > ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)\r\n" >>
          > ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai
          >
          > above may line wrap -- its all one line. (note in above space char can
          > be used in place of \x20 - tend to use the hex format because its more
          > visible to reader)
          >
          > --

        • westerman2010
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
            When I run this clip it inserts the text of the clip itself into the text at the cursor location.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
              Got it to work. If there is no carrage return (line break) at the end of the text nothing happens. If I go to end of text with cursor, then hit enter, then run clip, it runs.

              Thanks Craig

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

              > Craig:
              >
              > ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)\r\n" >>
              > ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai
              >
              > --

            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
                westerman2010 (westerman@...) wrote (in part) (on 2010-02-01
                at 19:32):
                > Got it to work. If there is no carrage return (line break) at the end
                > of the text nothing happens. If I go to end of text with cursor, then
                > hit enter, then run clip, it runs.
                >
                > Thanks Craig
                >
                > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Craig:
                > > >
                > > > ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)\r\n" >>
                > > > ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai

                You had me wondering there what was going on ... your examples had "--"
                separators in between them so I hadn't attempted to make it "safe" at
                end-of-file.

                If you change the trailing \r\n in the find clause to optional ie:
                (?:\r\n)? it should work either way. (Note the 'w' in 'rwsai' options
                means process start of file not from cursor. Selected or not selected
                would only be relevant if an 'h' option were include (eg rwsaih)

                so clip becomes (again it will wrap in Yahoo):
                H="work test"
                ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)(?:\r\n)" >>
                ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai

                btw: interesting that Don's solution focused on subject knowledge (names
                of the Gospels) while mine focused on the format of numeric identifier.
                I haven't tested his but assume it works too :-)

              • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
                  I'm wondering if Craig had the clips wrapped ... the command is all on
                  one line.

                  I was going off of some prior bible work we did around here and if I
                  remember correctly some citations did not follow that data format ... so
                  I figured books might be the safer bet.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
                    Alec, if you don't include the ^ at the start, then you will find the
                    citations again on a re-run and things will be all out of whack, I think ...