Need help - reformat text clip

  • westerman2010
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
      Need a clip to put referance at the end, wrap in quotation marks and wrap with color code formatting. I have 100s of these to do. Help would be appreciated.

      Thx Craig

      Original format

      --

      Luke 24:44
      And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

      Luke 24:46
      And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.

      --

      Altered format

      --

      "[COLOR="DarkRed"]And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.[/COLOR]" -- Luke 24:44

      "[COLOR="DarkRed"]And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.[/COLOR]" -- Luke 24:46
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
        Craig:

        ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)\r\n" >>
        ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai

        above may line wrap -- its all one line. (note in above space char can
        be used in place of \x20 - tend to use the hex format because its more
        visible to reader)

        westerman2010 wrote:
        > Need a clip to put referance at the end, wrap in quotation marks and wrap with color code formatting. I have 100s of these to do. Help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thx Craig
        >

        > Original format
        >
        > --
        >
        > Luke 24:44
        > And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
        >
        > Luke 24:46
        > And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.
        >
        > --
        >
        > Altered format
        >
        > --
        >
        > "[COLOR="DarkRed"]And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.[/COLOR]" -- Luke 24:44
        >
        > "[COLOR="DarkRed"]And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.[/COLOR]" -- Luke 24:46

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
          Something like this ...
          ;clip by don AT htmlfixit DOT com
          ^!Replace "^(Matthew|Mark|Luke|John)(.*)\r\n(.*)\r\n" >>
          ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$3[/COLOR]" -- $1$2\r\n" WARS

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
            I tried with and without selecting text. Nothing happens.

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

            > Craig:
            >
            > ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)\r\n" >>
            > ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai
            >
            > above may line wrap -- its all one line. (note in above space char can
            > be used in place of \x20 - tend to use the hex format because its more
            > visible to reader)
            >
            > --

          • westerman2010
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
              When I run this clip it inserts the text of the clip itself into the text at the cursor location.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
                Got it to work. If there is no carrage return (line break) at the end of the text nothing happens. If I go to end of text with cursor, then hit enter, then run clip, it runs.

                Thanks Craig

                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

                > Craig:
                >
                > ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)\r\n" >>
                > ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai
                >
                > --

              • Alec Burgess
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
                  westerman2010 (westerman@...) wrote (in part) (on 2010-02-01
                  at 19:32):
                  > Got it to work. If there is no carrage return (line break) at the end
                  > of the text nothing happens. If I go to end of text with cursor, then
                  > hit enter, then run clip, it runs.
                  >
                  > Thanks Craig
                  >
                  > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Craig:
                  > > >
                  > > > ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)\r\n" >>
                  > > > ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai

                  You had me wondering there what was going on ... your examples had "--"
                  separators in between them so I hadn't attempted to make it "safe" at
                  end-of-file.

                  If you change the trailing \r\n in the find clause to optional ie:
                  (?:\r\n)? it should work either way. (Note the 'w' in 'rwsai' options
                  means process start of file not from cursor. Selected or not selected
                  would only be relevant if an 'h' option were include (eg rwsaih)

                  so clip becomes (again it will wrap in Yahoo):
                  H="work test"
                  ^!replace "(\w+\x20\d+:\d+)\r\n(.*?)(?:\r\n)" >>
                  ""[COLOR="DarkRed"]$2"\x20--$1\r\n" rwsai

                  btw: interesting that Don's solution focused on subject knowledge (names
                  of the Gospels) while mine focused on the format of numeric identifier.
                  I haven't tested his but assume it works too :-)

                • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
                    I'm wondering if Craig had the clips wrapped ... the command is all on
                    one line.

                    I was going off of some prior bible work we did around here and if I
                    remember correctly some citations did not follow that data format ... so
                    I figured books might be the safer bet.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
                      Alec, if you don't include the ^ at the start, then you will find the
                      citations again on a re-run and things will be all out of whack, I think ...