Re: Just learning HTML, wanting to follow XHTML rules

  • brother.gabriel
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 9, 2010
      Thanks, y'all for your advice. I like clean, clear code, and I like closing all my tags. Then, when I write new pages, do you think I should continue to write the xhtml doctype, or should I write something else? Whatever I choose to do now I will probably do until I am actually forced to change it.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...> wrote:

      > Well, I have about 40 pages decked out with this line for the doctype
      > (and all my tags are strictly closed):

      > Do you all think I should change it or leave it? Right now, it seems to
      > work in Firefox (what doesn't?) and IE6+.

    • loro
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 9, 2010
        brother.gabriel wrote:
        >Thanks, y'all for your advice. I like clean, clear code, and I like
        >closing all my tags. Then, when I write new pages, do you think I
        >should continue to write the xhtml doctype, or should I write
        >something else? Whatever I choose to do now I will probably do
        >until I am actually forced to change it.

        It doesn't matter.

        Lotta
      • Jeff Seager
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 9, 2010
          The important thing is to use the doctype you specify, and to check your code carefully to be sure it's valid. You'll have an easier time of it later if you use external CSS and scripts, too. All this will make future changes easier to manage.

          Jeff