notetab 6.12u .. on a update of a .htm or .html file .. saves a

  • djbeam27
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2010
      zero length file ..

      I have tested this with html files called index.htm, index.html and new.htm, new.html .. and on update/save .. a file of 13k ... becomes "0"

      if I make a file that created the new.html can call it new.html.hhh and do a update/save .. the file is updated properly.

      I have other editor such as notepad and UltraEdit .. they all deal with the files properly.

      One must be able to rely on the results of editors .. if not the editor is useless ... I have used Notetab since version 2 and respect it .. but this is killing me.

      Does anyone else have the same experience .. or any other suggestions.

      Don
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2010
        No, never, all working fine here and always has. Issue with the
        particular file or your settings? What version are you using?

        I do index.html .shtml .htm .php all the time -- no issues.

        djbeam27 wrote:
        > zero length file ..
        >
        > I have tested this with html files called index.htm, index.html and new.htm, new.html .. and on update/save .. a file of 13k ... becomes "0"
        >
        > if I make a file that created the new.html can call it new.html.hhh and do a update/save .. the file is updated properly.
        >
        > I have other editor such as notepad and UltraEdit .. they all deal with the files properly.
        >
        > One must be able to rely on the results of editors .. if not the editor is useless ... I have used Notetab since version 2 and respect it .. but this is killing me.
        >
        > Does anyone else have the same experience .. or any other suggestions.
        >
        > Don
      • Andy M
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2010
          On 6/01/2010 11:23 AM, djbeam27 wrote:

          > zero length file ..
          >
          > I have tested this with html files called index.htm, index.html and
          > new.htm, new.html .. and on update/save .. a file of 13k ... becomes "0"
          >
          > if I make a file that created the new.html can call it new.html.hhh and
          > do a update/save .. the file is updated properly.
          >
          > I have other editor such as notepad and UltraEdit .. they all deal with
          > the files properly.
          >
          > One must be able to rely on the results of editors .. if not the editor
          > is useless ... I have used Notetab since version 2 and respect it .. but
          > this is killing me.
          >
          > Does anyone else have the same experience .. or any other suggestions.
          >
          > Don

          GDay All,

          Don, are you using Windows Vista or Windows 7 by any chance?

          If so, then you probably need to set administrator permissions.

          Regards
          Andy M
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2010
            I would suggest to zip and post the file in question and give detailed steps to see if anyone else can replicate your experience.