Re: Find & Replace All within selected text?

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "yname110" <yname110@...> wrote:

      > Is it possible to Search & Replace All within selected text only?
      > I know how to search & replace all for the whole document. But,
      > sometime I want to find and replace multiple item only in a
      > portion of a document. Is this possible in NoteTab Light? Is it
      > possible in the full version of NoteTab?

      If using the dialog box, it will usually confine the search to preselected text when you use the "Replace All" button, but not always. If the selection is small or if "All" is used instead of "Down", the selection is ignored.

      If using a clip, you need to ensure that there IS a selection, and use the "H" option of the ^!Find or ^!Replace command. The "H" option is ignored if there is no selection.