Re: [NTB] Case Sensitivity Default in Replace Dialog NTP6.12

  • loro
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
      Ray wrote:
      >How to change the default to no case sensitivity when I open the Find and
      >Replace dialog?

      Just do a search with the box unchecked. It opens with the same
      options checked as last time it was used.

      Lotta
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
        The settings are triggered no matter how you searched last -- manual or
        clip.

        I find that using clips also sets the options to things I don't want,
        like whole word, messing up my next manual search if I am not careful.

        The worst one is regex because you cannot toggle it as it does not
        update the term being searched for as you toggle it, instead it you need
        to toggle, close and open to get a highlighted term properly formatted
        (for regex or not for regex as the case may be).

        I realize this is the basic list and clips are generally not the topic
        in here, but I think that this could be what is causing the poster to
        think to set it -- then you run a clip that sets other settings -- then
        you come back to a manual search swearing you set it differently. Is
        that possible Ray?

        Don

        p.s. I wonder if I should run a dummy search to reset search dialog
        settings at the end of every clip?

        loro wrote:
        > Ray wrote:
        >> How to change the default to no case sensitivity when I open the Find and
        >> Replace dialog?
        >
        > Just do a search with the box unchecked. It opens with the same
        > options checked as last time it was used.
        >
        > Lotta
      • Don Daugherty
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2010
          Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
          > The settings are triggered no matter how you searched last -- manual or
          > clip.

          Perhaps a solution to this would be to run a clip that resets the
          options to your preferences, and perhaps then brings up the Find or
          Find/Replace dialog box.