Case Sensitivity Default in Replace Dialog NTP6.12

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
      To All,

      How to change the default to no case sensitivity when I open the Find and
      Replace dialog?

      Every time I press Ctrl+R, the Find and Replace dialog opens with the "Case
      Sensitive" box checkmarked. I used the "Save Window State" control, but no
      joy. A search for "sensitive" in Help didn't answer this question.

      Thanks for the help.

      Ray Shapp
      NTP v6.12fv
    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
        Ray wrote:
        >How to change the default to no case sensitivity when I open the Find and
        >Replace dialog?

        Just do a search with the box unchecked. It opens with the same
        options checked as last time it was used.

        Lotta
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
          The settings are triggered no matter how you searched last -- manual or
          clip.

          I find that using clips also sets the options to things I don't want,
          like whole word, messing up my next manual search if I am not careful.

          The worst one is regex because you cannot toggle it as it does not
          update the term being searched for as you toggle it, instead it you need
          to toggle, close and open to get a highlighted term properly formatted
          (for regex or not for regex as the case may be).

          I realize this is the basic list and clips are generally not the topic
          in here, but I think that this could be what is causing the poster to
          think to set it -- then you run a clip that sets other settings -- then
          you come back to a manual search swearing you set it differently. Is
          that possible Ray?

          Don

          p.s. I wonder if I should run a dummy search to reset search dialog
          settings at the end of every clip?

          loro wrote:
          > Ray wrote:
          >> How to change the default to no case sensitivity when I open the Find and
          >> Replace dialog?
          >
          > Just do a search with the box unchecked. It opens with the same
          > options checked as last time it was used.
          >
          > Lotta
        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2010
            Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
            > The settings are triggered no matter how you searched last -- manual or
            > clip.

            Perhaps a solution to this would be to run a clip that resets the
            options to your preferences, and perhaps then brings up the Find or
            Find/Replace dialog box.