Re: [NTB] Find & Replace All within selected text? - follow up question

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
      H is automatic Bruce in the find boxes if something is selected.

      They are talking about clips where you put characters after the find to
      set options Bruce.

      Bruce Meyers wrote:
      > I followed this brief discussion and I have a couple of questions.
      >
      > Where do you put the "H"? The discussion said put the "S" in your
      > "options", then it was corrected to put "H" in the options instead.
      > I do not find the word "options" on the search/replace dialog box, so
      > I am not sure where to put that "H"
      >
      > Can you give me a short example. Say you want to find "John" and
      > replace it with "Jon" in two paragraphs of text in a longer file. I can
      > highlight the proper paragraphs, but I do not know where and in
      > exactly what form I should put the "H". An example would help me
      > understand what to do.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Bruce Meyers
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "yname110" <yname110@...> wrote:

        > Is it possible to Search & Replace All within selected text only?
        > I know how to search & replace all for the whole document. But,
        > sometime I want to find and replace multiple item only in a
        > portion of a document. Is this possible in NoteTab Light? Is it
        > possible in the full version of NoteTab?

        If using the dialog box, it will usually confine the search to preselected text when you use the "Replace All" button, but not always. If the selection is small or if "All" is used instead of "Down", the selection is ignored.

        If using a clip, you need to ensure that there IS a selection, and use the "H" option of the ^!Find or ^!Replace command. The "H" option is ignored if there is no selection.