RE: [NTB] Find & Replace All within selected text?

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
      Well, of course you're right about that, I still haven't had my coffee today (H=Highlighted).

      It's not the first time I made that mistake, but it's the first mistake I made this year! :)

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
        I followed this brief discussion and I have a couple of questions.

        Where do you put the "H"?  The discussion said put the "S" in your
        "options", then it was corrected to put "H" in the options instead.
        I do not find the word "options" on the search/replace dialog box, so
        I am not sure where to put that "H"

        Can you give me a short example.  Say you want to find "John" and
        replace it with "Jon" in two paragraphs of text in a longer file. I can
        highlight the proper paragraphs, but I do not know where and in
        exactly what form I should put the "H". An example would help me
        understand what to do.

        Thanks,

        Bruce Meyers

        > It is possible, I do it all the time. First you must Find your
        block of text,
        > which makes it all selected. Then you use
        > an S in your options, so it works only on selected text. It works
        in all
        > versions.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > John

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
          H is automatic Bruce in the find boxes if something is selected.

          They are talking about clips where you put characters after the find to
          set options Bruce.

          Bruce Meyers wrote:
          > I followed this brief discussion and I have a couple of questions.
          >
          > Where do you put the "H"? The discussion said put the "S" in your
          > "options", then it was corrected to put "H" in the options instead.
          > I do not find the word "options" on the search/replace dialog box, so
          > I am not sure where to put that "H"
          >
          > Can you give me a short example. Say you want to find "John" and
          > replace it with "Jon" in two paragraphs of text in a longer file. I can
          > highlight the proper paragraphs, but I do not know where and in
          > exactly what form I should put the "H". An example would help me
          > understand what to do.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Bruce Meyers
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "yname110" <yname110@...> wrote:

            > Is it possible to Search & Replace All within selected text only?
            > I know how to search & replace all for the whole document. But,
            > sometime I want to find and replace multiple item only in a
            > portion of a document. Is this possible in NoteTab Light? Is it
            > possible in the full version of NoteTab?

            If using the dialog box, it will usually confine the search to preselected text when you use the "Replace All" button, but not always. If the selection is small or if "All" is used instead of "Down", the selection is ignored.

            If using a clip, you need to ensure that there IS a selection, and use the "H" option of the ^!Find or ^!Replace command. The "H" option is ignored if there is no selection.