Re: [NTB] Style Sheets For Internet Explorer

  • Margaret Peloquin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2009
      A really quick place to go is
      W3 schools which has lots of free web building tutorials. There is one
      for learning CSS.
      http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

      Harold wrote:

      > Hello.
      >
      > Are there any good tutorial references on HTML Style Sheets anyone
      > could recommend? I'd like to make a style sheet for Internet Explorer.
      > "Internet Options > Accessibility > User style sheet > Format
      > documents using my style sheet" says this is allowed.
      >
      > Thanks.
      > RetiredEngineer1

      Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian / EVC
      Austin Community College
      3401 Webberville Rd, Austin, Texas 78702
      512.223.5117 || Fax: 512.223.5111
      peloquin@... || http://library.austincc.edu

    • Jeff S
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2009
        Lots of good ones. What you're looking for is a good CSS reference (Cascading Style Sheets). O'Reilly has this in a very handy book:

        http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596515058/

        ... and Sitepoint has an excellent CSS references online:

        http://reference.sitepoint.com/css

        It's interesting stuff, but maybe overkill if all you want to do is set up your own stylesheet for browsing. Still, maybe that's a good way to get into it for other reasons. And being an engineer, you'll probably appreciate the structure and logic of it.

        Cheers,
        Jeff