Style Sheets For Internet Explorer

  • Harold
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18 11:55 AM
      Hello.

      Are there any good tutorial references on HTML Style Sheets anyone could recommend? I'd like to make a style sheet for Internet Explorer. "Internet Options > Accessibility > User style sheet > Format documents using my style sheet" says this is allowed.

      Thanks.
      RetiredEngineer1
    • Margaret Peloquin
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18 1:18 PM
        A really quick place to go is
        W3 schools which has lots of free web building tutorials. There is one
        for learning CSS.
        http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

        Harold wrote:

        > Hello.
        >
        > Are there any good tutorial references on HTML Style Sheets anyone
        > could recommend? I'd like to make a style sheet for Internet Explorer.
        > "Internet Options > Accessibility > User style sheet > Format
        > documents using my style sheet" says this is allowed.
        >
        > Thanks.
        > RetiredEngineer1

        Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian / EVC
        Austin Community College
        3401 Webberville Rd, Austin, Texas 78702
        512.223.5117 || Fax: 512.223.5111
        peloquin@... || http://library.austincc.edu

      • Jeff S
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18 7:46 PM
          Lots of good ones. What you're looking for is a good CSS reference (Cascading Style Sheets). O'Reilly has this in a very handy book:

          http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596515058/

          ... and Sitepoint has an excellent CSS references online:

          http://reference.sitepoint.com/css

          It's interesting stuff, but maybe overkill if all you want to do is set up your own stylesheet for browsing. Still, maybe that's a good way to get into it for other reasons. And being an engineer, you'll probably appreciate the structure and logic of it.

          Cheers,
          Jeff