Upgrade to 6 from 5 wanting to keep modified tool bar from 5

  • dalerob1492
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 17, 2009
      Just upgraded to 6 from 5.

      How do I keep my modified toolbar from 5 to 6?
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 18, 2009
        Hi
        go to where ever you have put NTS folder and in libraries look for .ctb
        files and move them some where safe, the upgrade ,it is usually safer to
        call them something else.
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > How do I keep my modified toolbar from 5 to 6?

      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 18, 2009
          If you're talking about the "toolbar", it is stored in NoteTab's INI file, and should be unchanged during the upgrade.

          If you're talking about a "clipbar", you should save it as something else:
          Right-click the clipbar in a gray aread (no icon), and select "Edit clipbar" from the pop-up menu.
          The clipbar will open in the editor.
          SAVE AS a new name, same extension (.ctb).

          Cheers,

          Eb

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 18, 2009
            It is the "toolbar" not the clipbar!

            Can't find any .ini file.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 19, 2009
              Hi
              you could change the icons and positions but not the actual bar, look for
              below ,longish lost
              [Toolbar]
              ClickSound=0
              RaisedButtons=0
              ShowCaptions=0
              ShowToolTips=1
              UseSeparators=1
              WrapButtons=1
              ButtonWidth=0
              CaptionFont=MS Sans Serif;8;;-2147483630;1
              SoundFile=
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009
                > > > Just upgraded to 6 from 5.

                That suggests its too late to save your old toolbar, but:

                NoteTab's Ini file is located in the user profile, where you're running NT from. In Win XP Pro that's
                "C:\Documents and Settings\(USER_ID)\Application Data\NoteTab Pro"
                Vista may be more or less the same, don't know about W7 yet.

                If you have a parallel installation, copy the version 5 INI file to the overwrite the version 6 INI file (search "Application Data" folder for more than one NoteTab folder).

                Cheers