File(s) Modified by Slipstreamed Patches?

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2009
      To All,

      When a user of NTP downloads a slipstreamed patch, is there any danger that
      the executable installation file will overwrite any local customizations I may
      have made?

      Help > About reports version 6.12/fv.

      I see that my "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 6" folder contains 18 files
      time-stamped 06/16/2009. Almost all of the files in subfolders within the main
      NTP folder also bear the same date.

      I have read the description of slipstreaming at:

      http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Slipstream+%28computing%29

      I also checked the time stamps on all the files and subfolders within

      C:\Documents and Settings\RAS\Application Data\NoteTab Pro

      None of those files bear the June 16th date, therefore, it appears I have
      answered my own question. Is it universally true that all my customizations
      are stored in my personal Documents and Settings folder, and that patches to
      NTP obtained via slipstreamed updates will not modify any personal files?
      (Note: I don't think I ever purposely stored any NTP-related info in my
      Registry.)

      Ray Shapp