editing ADD TO dictionary

  • AL Guevara
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2009
      I must be mental, I cant find the place to edit a misspelled word I put in there. Can someone tell me wher this is on v6 Pro? I cant find it anyhwere.
      Thank you much!

      Al Guevara

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2009
        AL Guevara wrote:
        > I must be mental, I cant find the place to edit a misspelled
        word I put in there. Can someone tell me wher this is on v6 Pro? I
        cant find it anyhwere.
        > Thank you much!
        >
        > Al Guevara

        Al,

        There's no easy way, other than a series of clips written by Jody Adair.

        AFAIK, there's no built-in function to make corrections to the
        .udt's, User-defined dictionaries.

        The .Udt files may be in the NoteTab main folder or the Dictionaries
        folder.

        You may also, have a couple of libraries to accomplish editing.

        They are edit.udt & dir list.clb, and, edit.udt.clb clipbooks.

        If you don't have them you may be able to locate them on one of
        NoteTab's webpages or, failing that, I could send you the clipbooks
        directly if you like.

        ºvº SL_day# 330 - created 2009.11.26_01.47.14

        The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken
        seriously.
        • Hubert Humphrey

        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

      • AL Guevara
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2009
          Sure send them, I appreciate that. Im guessing those files are encrypted, yes?

          Thank you much!

          Al Guevara

          From: hsavage <hsavage@...>
          To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [NTB] editing ADD TO dictionary

          >AL Guevara wrote:
          > > I must be mental, I cant find the place to edit a misspelled
          >word I put in there. Can someone tell me wher this is on v6 Pro? I
          >cant find it anyhwere.
          > > Thank you much!
          > >
          > > Al Guevara

          >Al,

          >There's no easy way, other than a series of clips written by Jody Adair.

          >AFAIK, there's no built-in function to make corrections to the
          >.udt's, User-defined dictionaries.

          >The .Udt files may be in the NoteTab main folder or the Dictionaries
          >folder.

          >You may also, have a couple of libraries to accomplish editing.

          >They are edit.udt & dir list.clb, and, edit.udt.clb clipbooks.

          >If you don't have them you may be able to locate them on one of
          >NoteTab's webpages or, failing that, I could send you the clipbooks
          >directly if you like.

          >·············································
          >ºvº SL_day# 330 - created 2009.11.26_01.47.14

          > The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken
          >seriously.
          > • Hubert Humphrey

          > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 27, 2009
            hsavage wrote:
            > AL Guevara wrote:
            >> I must be mental, I cant find the place to edit a misspelled
            word I
            > put in there. Can someone tell me wher this is on v6 Pro? I cant
            find it
            > anyhwere.
            >> Thank you much!
            >>
            >> Al Guevara
            >
            > Al,
            >
            > There's no easy way, other than a series of clips written by Jody
            Adair.
            > AFAIK, there's no built-in function to make corrections to the
            .udt's,
            > User-defined dictionaries.
            >
            > You may also, have a couple of libraries to accomplish editing.
            >
            > They are edit.udt & dir list.clb, and, edit.udt.clb clipbooks.

            to Al and list,

            I've written a clip that does most of what's needed to a .udt file,
            works pretty well.

            Here;
            H="UDT Strip_Re-Sort_Re-Number"
            ; • Modified-Updated~Created_2009.11.27
            ; • hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_02:11:30p
            ^!ClearVariables
            ; to insure the default .ini file is in use.
            ^!SetIniFile
            ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
            ^!SetWizardTitle "EDIT .UDT"
            ^!SetWizardLabel "SELECT .UDT FILE"
            ^!SetWizardWidth 99
            ; the path in this wizard should be the default path to dictionaries.
            ^!Open "^?{(T=O)=^$GetAppPath$Dictionaries\default.udt}" /j=1
            ; •····
            ;^!SetDebug 1
            ; •----
            ^!IfDiff '^$GetExt(C:\Documents and
            Settings\User\desktop\emdoc.emd)$' '.udt' Exit
            ^!Select 2
            ^!Replace "\d+" >> "" TIHRSA
            ^!SaveValue udt_TOP=^$GetSelection$
            ^!Menu Edit/Delete
            ;
            ^!Find [Auto Correct] TIS
            ^!SelectTo ^$GetLineCount$:1
            ^!SaveValue udt_BOTTOM=^$GetSelection$
            ^!Menu Edit/Delete
            ;
            ^!Replace "IGN_\d+=" >> "" TIWRSA
            ;^!Menu Modify/Lines/Sort/Ascending
            ^!Select ALL
            ^$StrTrim(^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";0;1;1)$)$
            ^!Select ALL
            ;
            ^!KeyBoard Shift+Ctrl+N &150 #0# Enter
            ^!Menu Modify/Alignment/Left Align
            ^!Replace ^(\d*) >> IGN_$1 TIWRSA
            ;
            ^!Jump Text_End
            ^!Set %lines%=^$GetLineCount$
            ^!InsertText ^%nL%^$GetValue("udt_BOTTOM")$
            ;
            ^!Jump Text_Start
            ^!InsertText ^$GetValue("udt_TOP")$^%lines%^%nL%
            ^!Save

            Run on a backup copy first. The .udt will then be loaded/focused.
            Make any necessary spelling corrections or line deletions, save file
            and re-run the clip for a finished .udt file.

            ºvº SL_day# 331 - created 2009.11.27_15.50.00

            The same hammer that breaks the glass forges the steel.
            • Russian Proverb

            € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

          • Art Kocsis
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 27, 2009
              Hi,

              These clips are nowhere to be found on the NoteTab site. Could you
              please post them in the NoteTab Clips files area?

              Thanks

              Namaste, Art