Re: [NTB] Remove Spaces

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2009
      Yes and this is not the best way either.

      Use regex if you are in a current copy of notetab:

      ^!Replace " +" >> " " RAHS

      I believe this will work on a selection if there is one, otherwise, from
      the cursor position forward.

      If you are not in a current version of notetab, this may not work.

      You are replacing one to infinite spaces with one space.

      I did not test.

      bozlawless wrote:
      > Delete Program Spaces
      >

      > ^!Continue You are about to Strip all Program Spaces out of this program. Continue?
      > ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      > ^!Jump 1
      > :next_record
      > ^!Replace " " >> "" AIRSTW
      > ^!IfError End
      > ^!Jump +1
      > ^!Goto next_record
      >

      > i use the above clip to remove spaces and it will remove all the spaces but is there a way to make it only remove spaces below CURSOR ???

    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2009
        Interviewed by CNN on 8/11/2009 02:53, Don - HtmlFixIt.com told the world:
        > Yes and this is not the best way either.
        >
        > Use regex if you are in a current copy of notetab:
        >
        > ^!Replace " +" >> " " RAHS
        >
        > I believe this will work on a selection if there is one, otherwise, from
        > the cursor position forward.
        >
        > If you are not in a current version of notetab, this may not work.
        >
        > You are replacing one to infinite spaces with one space.
        >
        > I did not test.

        I do this all the time. I suggest a slight adjustment: replace *two* or
        more spaces with one space. It cuts way down the number of replacement
        operations, and so it should work faster.

        ^!Replace " +" >> " " RAHS

        (notice that there are two spaces before the "+" character)

        --
        MCBastos

        use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

        -=-=-
        ... Press <CTRL>-<ALT>-<DELETE> to continue.
        * TagZilla 0.0661 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org on Seamonkey 2
      • bozlawless
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2009
          I have the free version 6.1 not sure if this command will work with the free version....if so is this the only line i need in the clip
          ^!Replace " +" >> " " RAHS to make it work what happens now when i try to run the clips with only this line the cursor goes to the bottom of the page and it does not remove any spaces

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2009
            Should,

            Maybe they aren't spaces like you think they are ...
            should be "spacespace+"

            someone else mentioned the x20 which also represents spaces I think

            Try opening the replace dialog:
            control+f
            then tick regular expression and put "spacespace+" no quotes and
            actually use a space, not the word and see if it finds them ...
            if not, highlight two spaces and hit replace and then add a plus after
            the last one, copy and paste that into your clip

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
              IT did work after all not sure why it was not working the first time thanks for all your help