Remove Spaces

  • bozlawless
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2009
      Delete Program Spaces

      ^!Continue You are about to Strip all Program Spaces out of this program. Continue?
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!Jump 1
      :next_record
      ^!Replace " " >> "" AIRSTW
      ^!IfError End
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!Goto next_record

      i use the above clip to remove spaces and it will remove all the spaces but is there a way to make it only remove spaces below CURSOR ???
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2009
        Yes and this is not the best way either.

        Use regex if you are in a current copy of notetab:

        ^!Replace " +" >> " " RAHS

        I believe this will work on a selection if there is one, otherwise, from
        the cursor position forward.

        If you are not in a current version of notetab, this may not work.

        You are replacing one to infinite spaces with one space.

        I did not test.

        bozlawless wrote:
        > Delete Program Spaces
        >

        > ^!Continue You are about to Strip all Program Spaces out of this program. Continue?
        > ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
        > ^!Jump 1
        > :next_record
        > ^!Replace " " >> "" AIRSTW
        > ^!IfError End
        > ^!Jump +1
        > ^!Goto next_record
        >

        > i use the above clip to remove spaces and it will remove all the spaces but is there a way to make it only remove spaces below CURSOR ???

      • Marcelo Bastos
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2009
          Interviewed by CNN on 8/11/2009 02:53, Don - HtmlFixIt.com told the world:
          > Yes and this is not the best way either.
          >
          > Use regex if you are in a current copy of notetab:
          >
          > ^!Replace " +" >> " " RAHS
          >
          > I believe this will work on a selection if there is one, otherwise, from
          > the cursor position forward.
          >
          > If you are not in a current version of notetab, this may not work.
          >
          > You are replacing one to infinite spaces with one space.
          >
          > I did not test.

          I do this all the time. I suggest a slight adjustment: replace *two* or
          more spaces with one space. It cuts way down the number of replacement
          operations, and so it should work faster.

          ^!Replace " +" >> " " RAHS

          (notice that there are two spaces before the "+" character)

          --
          MCBastos

          use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

          -=-=-
          ... Press <CTRL>-<ALT>-<DELETE> to continue.
          * TagZilla 0.0661 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org on Seamonkey 2
        • bozlawless
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2009
            I have the free version 6.1 not sure if this command will work with the free version....if so is this the only line i need in the clip
            ^!Replace " +" >> " " RAHS to make it work what happens now when i try to run the clips with only this line the cursor goes to the bottom of the page and it does not remove any spaces

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2009
              Should,

              Maybe they aren't spaces like you think they are ...
              should be "spacespace+"

              someone else mentioned the x20 which also represents spaces I think

              Try opening the replace dialog:
              control+f
              then tick regular expression and put "spacespace+" no quotes and
              actually use a space, not the word and see if it finds them ...
              if not, highlight two spaces and hit replace and then add a plus after
              the last one, copy and paste that into your clip

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
                IT did work after all not sure why it was not working the first time thanks for all your help