Re: [NTB] problems with 6.12 ... is it unique or are others having the same issue ...

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 3, 2009
      Hi Eric, and Don if you're still following this thread,

      If a file starts with CTRL+Z (0x1A), which by the way is only a single bit different from a linefeed (0x0A), Windows may interpret it as zero-length, even though the text is still there.

      That brings up the question, where did Don get the zero length from? Windows Explore, or NoteTab? (selecting ALL in the editor will tell you how long NoteTab thinks the file is, in the status bar).

      Some random thoughs:
      When shutting down to "hibernate" repeatedly without complete shutdowns, I eventually wind up with SOMETHING corrupted. Sooner or later there's a glitch in reading and/or writing the hibernation file.

      NoteTab seems more sensitive to this than other applications, though Windows Explorer likes to lock up under such conditions.

      Cheers,

      Eb

      > You can either upload it to Yahoogroups so others on this list can test
      > it, or send it to our support address.
      >
      > --
      > Regards,
      >
      > Eric Fookes
      > http://www.fookes.com/
      >

      > Don Beam wrote:
      > > When I have a system available to do so . I will send it to you . .. am I to
      > > assume it will be sent the this email address ?
      > >

      > > Don

    • Don Beam
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2009
        Okay, based on the your comments of no known issues, I installed Notetab
        6.121u .. and then the series of files that reflected the problem .. On the
        new machine all worked okay .

        I deleted Notetab and did the same on another machine .. .all worked okay .

        So . .based on this test .. I have to assume (I hope correctly) that this
        was a single event . so I then deleted Notetab from that machine and then
        all that I could from my machine and reinstalled Notetab.

        I have done a couple of tests .. and so far okay .

        Fingers crossed .

        Tanx .. .Don