Re: [NTB] Can't turn off Most recently used file list

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
      Glad to help John ...
      For future reference ... I located those keys by finding an unusual file
      name in the dropdown list then searching the registry for that text.

      since you were able to remove them yourself using my deliberately
      cryptic comment on how to do it <GRIN> if you don't have it already, you
      might be interested in getting the Registar Registry replacement program
      for Regedit.

      On http://www.resplendence.com/downloads look for Registrar Registry
      Manager 6.02
      Advanced Registry Manager for administrators and power users
      for Windows 2008/Vista/XP/2003/2000 (x86 and x64) --> Download free lite
      version

      I've answered many similar questions for myself by looking for a text
      string which "ought" to exist "somewhere" in the registry :-)

      John Rogers (john.rogers@...) wrote (in part) (on
      2009-10-14 at 18:01):
      > Brilliant Alec. The fix works and allows me to clear the files that
      > were appearing in the file open list. The reopen list can easily be
      > cleared but not the file open list, until now anyway. Thanks also to
      > Dave and Al Guevara etc for your thoughts. It would be even better if
      > the list could be prevented from generating but at least I can now
      > clear it rather than simply sitting there and pulling my hair out.
      > Thanks again Alec.
      >
      > John Rogers

      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU
      > by filetype.
      >
      > If confident about your registry editing skills you can delete them
      > with
      > Regedit.
      >
      > Really has nothing to do with Notetab (AKAIK) except that Notetab is
      > set
      > by default to allow opening of ANY kind of file.

    • John Rogers
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
        I wondered how you found the solution. I had searched the registry using regedit for a unique file name but it was not found. Perhaps Registry Repair Manager has better searching capabilities than regedit.

        John Rogers