Re: [NTB] Can't turn off Most recently used file list

  • John Rogers
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
      Brilliant Alec. The fix works and allows me to clear the files that were appearing in the file open list. The reopen list can easily be cleared but not the file open list, until now anyway. Thanks also to Dave and Al Guevara etc for your thoughts. It would be even better if the list could be prevented from generating but at least I can now clear it rather than simply sitting there and pulling my hair out. Thanks again Alec.

      John Rogers

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
        Glad to help John ...
        For future reference ... I located those keys by finding an unusual file
        name in the dropdown list then searching the registry for that text.

        since you were able to remove them yourself using my deliberately
        cryptic comment on how to do it <GRIN> if you don't have it already, you
        might be interested in getting the Registar Registry replacement program
        for Regedit.

        On http://www.resplendence.com/downloads look for Registrar Registry
        Manager 6.02
        Advanced Registry Manager for administrators and power users
        for Windows 2008/Vista/XP/2003/2000 (x86 and x64) --> Download free lite
        version

        I've answered many similar questions for myself by looking for a text
        string which "ought" to exist "somewhere" in the registry :-)

        John Rogers (john.rogers@...) wrote (in part) (on
        2009-10-14 at 18:01):

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
          I wondered how you found the solution. I had searched the registry using regedit for a unique file name but it was not found. Perhaps Registry Repair Manager has better searching capabilities than regedit.

          John Rogers