Re: [NTB] Can't turn off Most recently used file list

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
      I think John is talking about the drop down menu that is displayed in
      the Standard File Open dialog see: http://screencast.com/t/fKe9Jeeb0Yv

      They appear to be saved in Registry at:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU
      by filetype.

      If confident about your registry editing skills you can delete them with
      Regedit.

      Really has nothing to do with Notetab (AKAIK) except that Notetab is set
      by default to allow opening of ANY kind of file.

      AL Guevara wrote:

      > In the File Menu?
      > I have File | re-open
      > I have Pro too, not stand or free
      >
      > Al Guevara

      > From: Dave <dmc43959@... <mailto:dmc43959%40bigpond.net.au>>
      > To: notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: Re: [NTB] Can't turn off Most recently used file list
      >
      > >Hi
      > >these no such thing as the file open window only reopen ???
      > > THANKYOU DAVE

    • John Rogers
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
        Brilliant Alec. The fix works and allows me to clear the files that were appearing in the file open list. The reopen list can easily be cleared but not the file open list, until now anyway. Thanks also to Dave and Al Guevara etc for your thoughts. It would be even better if the list could be prevented from generating but at least I can now clear it rather than simply sitting there and pulling my hair out. Thanks again Alec.

        John Rogers

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
          Glad to help John ...
          For future reference ... I located those keys by finding an unusual file
          name in the dropdown list then searching the registry for that text.

          since you were able to remove them yourself using my deliberately
          cryptic comment on how to do it <GRIN> if you don't have it already, you
          might be interested in getting the Registar Registry replacement program
          for Regedit.

          On http://www.resplendence.com/downloads look for Registrar Registry
          Manager 6.02
          Advanced Registry Manager for administrators and power users
          for Windows 2008/Vista/XP/2003/2000 (x86 and x64) --> Download free lite
          version

          I've answered many similar questions for myself by looking for a text
          string which "ought" to exist "somewhere" in the registry :-)

          John Rogers (john.rogers@...) wrote (in part) (on
          2009-10-14 at 18:01):

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
            I wondered how you found the solution. I had searched the registry using regedit for a unique file name but it was not found. Perhaps Registry Repair Manager has better searching capabilities than regedit.

            John Rogers