Double-Click to close Tab

  • Brother Gabriel-Marie
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2009
      Hello! I am so used to double-clicking to close tabs in other tabbed
      windows that I become frustrated when I come to NoteTab! Is there a way
      to double-click to close the tabs?

      Thanks.
      - Brother Gabriel-Marie
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2009
        Brother Gabriel-Marie (brgabriel@...) wrote (in part) (on
        2009-10-14 at 11:08):
        > Hello! I am so used to double-clicking to close tabs in other tabbed
        > windows that I become frustrated when I come to NoteTab! Is there a
        > way
        > to double-click to close the tabs?
        >
        > Thanks.
        > - Brother Gabriel-Marie

        Most browser (IE8, Chrome, Firefox and Opera) also allow by default
        middle-mouse click to close tabs (or can be set to do so). If you have a
        scroll wheel mouse just depress the roller (you probably already know this?)

      • Brother Gabriel-Marie
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 17, 2009
          Thanks for the tip about middle-clicking to close the tabs. No, I
          didn't know NoteTab would do that. I don't much like using the rolling
          mouse wheel for a mouse button; but I have begun now to use it in
          NoteTab for lack of the double-click-to-close ability.

          Thanks for the tip, however!
          - Brother Gabriel-Marie
        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 17, 2009
            Hi Brother,

            I do middle click to close, or often use close all from the menu ...

            I think that this is a reasonable suggestion -- either double click to
            close or an x in the corner of the tab to close. All other tabbed
            programs I use now have these features.

            In addition in all other tabbed programs I use, control+t opens a new
            tab and control+n opens a new instance of the program -- but not in
            notetab. At the very least it would be nice if control+t worked.

            If this email should be in another forum to be considered please let me
            know.

            Thanks,

            Don

            p.s. I don't know the answer to your email question.