Re: [NTB] Can't turn off Most recently used file list

  • John Rogers
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 13, 2009
      Thanks Dave. Unfortunately neither of these methods clears the list of files that appears in the file open window as opposed to file reopen.

      John Rogers

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
        Hi
        these no such thing as the file open window only reopen ???
        THANKYOU DAVE

        > Thanks Dave. Unfortunately neither of these methods clears the list of
        > files that appears in the file open window as opposed to file reopen.
        >
        > John Rogers

      • AL Guevara
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
          In the File Menu?
          I have File | re-open
          I have Pro too, not stand or free

          Al Guevara

          From: Dave <dmc43959@...>
          To: notetab@yahoogroups.com

          >Hi
          >these no such thing as the file open window only reopen ???
          > THANKYOU DAVE

        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
            I think John is talking about the drop down menu that is displayed in
            the Standard File Open dialog see: http://screencast.com/t/fKe9Jeeb0Yv

            They appear to be saved in Registry at:
            HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU
            by filetype.

            If confident about your registry editing skills you can delete them with
            Regedit.

            Really has nothing to do with Notetab (AKAIK) except that Notetab is set
            by default to allow opening of ANY kind of file.

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
              Brilliant Alec. The fix works and allows me to clear the files that were appearing in the file open list. The reopen list can easily be cleared but not the file open list, until now anyway. Thanks also to Dave and Al Guevara etc for your thoughts. It would be even better if the list could be prevented from generating but at least I can now clear it rather than simply sitting there and pulling my hair out. Thanks again Alec.

              John Rogers

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
                Glad to help John ...
                For future reference ... I located those keys by finding an unusual file
                name in the dropdown list then searching the registry for that text.

                since you were able to remove them yourself using my deliberately
                cryptic comment on how to do it <GRIN> if you don't have it already, you
                might be interested in getting the Registar Registry replacement program
                for Regedit.

                On http://www.resplendence.com/downloads look for Registrar Registry
                Manager 6.02
                Advanced Registry Manager for administrators and power users
                for Windows 2008/Vista/XP/2003/2000 (x86 and x64) --> Download free lite
                version

                I've answered many similar questions for myself by looking for a text
                string which "ought" to exist "somewhere" in the registry :-)

                John Rogers (john.rogers@...) wrote (in part) (on
                2009-10-14 at 18:01):

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 14, 2009
                  I wondered how you found the solution. I had searched the registry using regedit for a unique file name but it was not found. Perhaps Registry Repair Manager has better searching capabilities than regedit.

                  John Rogers