Re: [NTB] Re: Command line to open outline heading

  • loro
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
      orkgandalf wrote:
      >Hummm, i checked it and couldn't find anything unusual with the name
      >of the topic, no space at the end, only in the middle.
      >I did more tests and i'm kinda intrigued. I created a new topic
      >called "mosca" a plain simple word, changed the clip and it is not
      >finding it as well. I tried some others topic names with and without
      >spaces, some it finds and some it does not.
      >I may be missing something in here.

      I wonder if it could it be a timing issue. Maybe the clip tries to
      find the heading before the OTL is fully opened. Add a ^!Delay 010,
      or what you find to be an appropriate amount of time, after the
      ^!Open command and see if that makes a difference. Also, did you
      check if the ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$ works on an already open OTL?

      Lotta
    • orkgandalf
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

        > orkgandalf wrote:
        > >I did a couple of tests with your hint and thought I could get the
        > >index of the heading by using the ^$GetTopicIndex command. And it is
        > >almost working. It works for headings without spaces, ie,
        > >"20091010---" but the problem is that it's not working for headings
        > >with spaces like "[Hilux] Fuel".
        >
        > That's odd. I added "[Hilux] Fuel" to an OTL and
        > ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$ works fine. I tested in Pro, both 6
        > and 4.95, but I don't think there's a difference between Pro and
        > Standard regarding this. Are you sure the heading is exactly like
        > that? No leading or tailing space or anything?
        >
        > Lotta

        Yes, I'm sure it has not leading or trailing blanks.
        Just tested it again, no success.
        This is how my clip looks like. Do you see anything wrong here?
        http://is.gd/47Ekq
      • loro
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
          I wrote:
          >orkgandalf wrote:
          > >Hummm, i checked it and couldn't find anything unusual with the name
          > >of the topic, no space at the end, only in the middle.
          > >I did more tests and i'm kinda intrigued. I created a new topic
          > >called "mosca" a plain simple word, changed the clip and it is not
          > >finding it as well. I tried some others topic names with and without
          > >spaces, some it finds and some it does not.
          > >I may be missing something in here.
          >
          >I wonder if it could it be a timing issue. Maybe the clip tries to
          >find the heading before the OTL is fully opened. Add a ^!Delay 010,
          >or what you find to be an appropriate amount of time, after the
          >^!Open command and see if that makes a difference. Also, did you
          >check if the ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$ works on an already open OTL?

          You could also try the below with the OTL in question focused.

          ^!Info ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$

          If the heading can't be found it should return "0".

          I just realized we are on the wrong list. Maybe we should move this
          to the clip list if it drags on.

          Lotta
        • loro
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 15, 2009
            Lotta wrote:
            >I wonder if it could it be a timing issue. Maybe the clip tries to
            >find the heading before the OTL is fully opened. Add a ^!Delay 010,
            >or what you find to be an appropriate amount of time, after the
            >^!Open command and see if that makes a difference. Also, did you
            >check if the ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$ works on an already open OTL?

            Did you try this? I'm curious.

            Lotta