Re: [NTB] Re: Command line to open outline heading

  • loro
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
      orkgandalf wrote:
      >I did a couple of tests with your hint and thought I could get the
      >index of the heading by using the ^$GetTopicIndex command. And it is
      >almost working. It works for headings without spaces, ie,
      >"20091010---" but the problem is that it's not working for headings
      >with spaces like "[Hilux] Fuel".

      That's odd. I added "[Hilux] Fuel" to an OTL and
      ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$ works fine. I tested in Pro, both 6
      and 4.95, but I don't think there's a difference between Pro and
      Standard regarding this. Are you sure the heading is exactly like
      that? No leading or tailing space or anything?

      Lotta
    • orkgandalf
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
        Hummm, i checked it and couldn't find anything unusual with the name of the topic, no space at the end, only in the middle.
        I did more tests and i'm kinda intrigued. I created a new topic called "mosca" a plain simple word, changed the clip and it is not finding it as well. I tried some others topic names with and without spaces, some it finds and some it does not.
        I may be missing something in here.
        Orks
      • loro
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
          orkgandalf wrote:
          >Hummm, i checked it and couldn't find anything unusual with the name
          >of the topic, no space at the end, only in the middle.
          >I did more tests and i'm kinda intrigued. I created a new topic
          >called "mosca" a plain simple word, changed the clip and it is not
          >finding it as well. I tried some others topic names with and without
          >spaces, some it finds and some it does not.
          >I may be missing something in here.

          I wonder if it could it be a timing issue. Maybe the clip tries to
          find the heading before the OTL is fully opened. Add a ^!Delay 010,
          or what you find to be an appropriate amount of time, after the
          ^!Open command and see if that makes a difference. Also, did you
          check if the ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$ works on an already open OTL?

          Lotta
        • orkgandalf
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

            > orkgandalf wrote:
            > >I did a couple of tests with your hint and thought I could get the
            > >index of the heading by using the ^$GetTopicIndex command. And it is
            > >almost working. It works for headings without spaces, ie,
            > >"20091010---" but the problem is that it's not working for headings
            > >with spaces like "[Hilux] Fuel".
            >
            > That's odd. I added "[Hilux] Fuel" to an OTL and
            > ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$ works fine. I tested in Pro, both 6
            > and 4.95, but I don't think there's a difference between Pro and
            > Standard regarding this. Are you sure the heading is exactly like
            > that? No leading or tailing space or anything?
            >
            > Lotta

            Yes, I'm sure it has not leading or trailing blanks.
            Just tested it again, no success.
            This is how my clip looks like. Do you see anything wrong here?
            http://is.gd/47Ekq
          • loro
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
              I wrote:
              >orkgandalf wrote:
              > >Hummm, i checked it and couldn't find anything unusual with the name
              > >of the topic, no space at the end, only in the middle.
              > >I did more tests and i'm kinda intrigued. I created a new topic
              > >called "mosca" a plain simple word, changed the clip and it is not
              > >finding it as well. I tried some others topic names with and without
              > >spaces, some it finds and some it does not.
              > >I may be missing something in here.
              >
              >I wonder if it could it be a timing issue. Maybe the clip tries to
              >find the heading before the OTL is fully opened. Add a ^!Delay 010,
              >or what you find to be an appropriate amount of time, after the
              >^!Open command and see if that makes a difference. Also, did you
              >check if the ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$ works on an already open OTL?

              You could also try the below with the OTL in question focused.

              ^!Info ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$

              If the heading can't be found it should return "0".

              I just realized we are on the wrong list. Maybe we should move this
              to the clip list if it drags on.

              Lotta
            • loro
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 15, 2009
                Lotta wrote:
                >I wonder if it could it be a timing issue. Maybe the clip tries to
                >find the heading before the OTL is fully opened. Add a ^!Delay 010,
                >or what you find to be an appropriate amount of time, after the
                >^!Open command and see if that makes a difference. Also, did you
                >check if the ^$GetTopicIndex([Hilux] Fuel)$ works on an already open OTL?

                Did you try this? I'm curious.

                Lotta