Version problems

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
      I've discovered that the clips I write using NTP 6.12 do not fully function in the Light and Standard version. I was
      able to reproduce the problem by installing the free version, then running my own clip library. Is this a known
      situation, or a bug? The problem is really minor, but it was my understanding that they used the same regex engine, and
      would run the clips identically.

      I wasn't sure which group to post this in, since it seems to be a clip issue but may be something else.
      Thanks!
      John

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
        John Shotsky wrote:
        > I've discovered that the clips I write using NTP 6.12 do not fully function in the Light and Standard version. I was
        > able to reproduce the problem by installing the free version, then running my own clip library. Is this a known
        > situation, or a bug? The problem is really minor, but it was my understanding that they used the same regex engine, and
        > would run the clips identically.
        >
        > I wasn't sure which group to post this in, since it seems to be a clip issue but may be something else.
        > Thanks!
        > John
        Pro uses a different input control than Std/Light. Minor differences
        have come up in the past. E.g., as I recall, the result of ^$GetLine$
        was slightly different. In that case, using ^!Select EOL followed by
        ^$GetSelection$ instead allowed clips to be compatible.

        Regards.
        Sheri
      • Art Kocsis
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2009
          Also (from the RegEx help Intro):

          Note to clippers: By design, NoteTab Pro (but not NoteTab Standard or
          NoteTab Light) adjusts the selection for regex clip ^!Find and ^!Replace
          commands before acting on highlighted text if the pattern begins with a ^
          and the existing selection does not begin at the start of a line. To
          prevent this behavior, when using regex on selected text, do not begin the
          pattern with a ^. If, for example, you prefix the caret with (?#comment),
          NoteTab Pro will permit the possibility of matching at the beginning of the
          existing selection and will not redefine the selection itself.

          Art

          At 09-04-2009 08:35, you wrote:
          >John Shotsky wrote:
          > > I've discovered that the clips I write using NTP 6.12 do not fully
          > function in the Light and Standard version. I was
          > > able to reproduce the problem by installing the free version, then
          > running my own clip library. Is this a known
          > > situation, or a bug? The problem is really minor, but it was my
          > understanding that they used the same regex engine, and
          > > would run the clips identically.
          > >
          > > I wasn't sure which group to post this in, since it seems to be a clip
          > issue but may be something else.
          > > Thanks!
          > > John
          >Pro uses a different input control than Std/Light. Minor differences
          >have come up in the past. E.g., as I recall, the result of ^$GetLine$
          >was slightly different. In that case, using ^!Select EOL followed by
          >^$GetSelection$ instead allowed clips to be compatible.
          >
          >Regards.
          >Sheri

        • John Shotsky
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2009
            Thanks, Art, I use the caret a lot. My clip library runs over 10,000 lines, with comments, and I suspect it is too much
            of a job to add this comment prefix to all the requisite lines. This is really unfortunate, since my users use pro,
            standard and light.

            I hope that, in a future version, this behavior can be eradicated, so that the versions all do handle clips identically.
            In the meantime, I'll advise my users to use NTPro to prevent erroneous behavior.
            John