Re: [NTB] Digest Number 2431 -- Invisible Fonts

  • Kenn D Crossley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2009
      over a day after i posted, i opened an open office writer document and
      most of it was empty. i could see my address but hardly any of the
      remainder of the document (a letter). i tried a few other documents of
      the same format - same.
      when i checked some open office calc spreadsheets they were fine.
      so i tried some existing ms word documents, again most of the text
      seemed to be missing.
      no other applications seemed to be affected. firefox, thunderbird,
      sunbird, flock, maxthon, folding@home, µTorrent, google talk,
      ... and more.

      by now i had come to the conclusion that it had to be a standard
      facility within windows which had failed. some sort of common editing
      interface. therefore i rebooted.

      problem solved.
      everything back to normal
      - even when i changed the font back to courier new!

      thanks to everyone who's posted.

      regards