RE: [NTB] Digest Number 2431 -- Invisible Fonts

  • Wiles, Carolyn M. (US SSA)
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2009
      I was on travel and had copied a note from a message in to Notetab and when I printed it, it was blank. I went back and saw that Notetab was showing the same behavior. As soon as I modified the font, everything was fine.

      This is the first instance in all the time that I have been using Notetab that I saw that happen. I really didn't pay attention to the original font, but changing it to Arial gave me a valid print-out instead of what looked like a blank page.

      Cara Wiles
      BAE Systems
      Technology Solutions & Services
      Technical Writer/Editor
      Technical Operations - Strategic Systems Programs
      Carolyn.Wiles@...<mailto:Carolyn.Wiles@...>
      Phone (301) 231-2322
      Fax (301) 231-2202

    • Kenn D Crossley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2009
        over a day after i posted, i opened an open office writer document and
        most of it was empty. i could see my address but hardly any of the
        remainder of the document (a letter). i tried a few other documents of
        the same format - same.
        when i checked some open office calc spreadsheets they were fine.
        so i tried some existing ms word documents, again most of the text
        seemed to be missing.
        no other applications seemed to be affected. firefox, thunderbird,
        sunbird, flock, maxthon, folding@home, µTorrent, google talk,
        ... and more.

        by now i had come to the conclusion that it had to be a standard
        facility within windows which had failed. some sort of common editing
        interface. therefore i rebooted.

        problem solved.
        everything back to normal
        - even when i changed the font back to courier new!

        thanks to everyone who's posted.

        regards