invisible font

  • nuxguy
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2009
      fookes help desk suggested i post this:
      i've used notetab for yrs. i even bought it but, as i hardly ever used the extra features, i reverted to the free version. in short i'm a huge fan!
      a week or 10 days ago ago i upgraded to the latest (probably from 5.61) - certainly i hadn't upgraded for a long time.
      a few days later the last tab of my open files "looked" empty - i litterally could not see it's contents. other open tabs looked fine. only the last tab was affected. when i opened the same file in ms notepad i could see what should be there. back to notetab and "looks" empty. however, when i checked the text statistics, they seems fine. it was as if the file was being displayed using an invisible font. yesterday, all the contents of all my open tabs went invisible. i have just noticed that all files now appear to be using this invisible font.
      so i changed the default font and all the files re-appeared.
      the old default font was "courier new" which i've changed to arial (i've tried another one too).
      any ideas what happened?
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2009
        Wow, not a clue. I wonder if you might have been having a memory or
        other limiting issue on your machine that manifested in this way?

        nuxguy wrote:
        > fookes help desk suggested i post this:
        > i've used notetab for yrs. i even bought it but, as i hardly ever used the extra features, i reverted to the free version. in short i'm a huge fan!
        > a week or 10 days ago ago i upgraded to the latest (probably from 5.61) - certainly i hadn't upgraded for a long time.
        > a few days later the last tab of my open files "looked" empty - i litterally could not see it's contents. other open tabs looked fine. only the last tab was affected. when i opened the same file in ms notepad i could see what should be there. back to notetab and "looks" empty. however, when i checked the text statistics, they seems fine. it was as if the file was being displayed using an invisible font. yesterday, all the contents of all my open tabs went invisible. i have just noticed that all files now appear to be using this invisible font.
        > so i changed the default font and all the files re-appeared.
        > the old default font was "courier new" which i've changed to arial (i've tried another one too).
        > any ideas what happened?

      • loro
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2009
          Don wrote:
          >nuxguy wrote:
          >>all the contents of all my open tabs went invisible. i have just
          >>noticed that all files now appear to be using this invisible font.
          > > so i changed the default font and all the files re-appeared.
          > > the old default font was "courier new" which i've changed to
          > arial (i've tried another one too).

          >Wow, not a clue. I wonder if you might have been having a memory or
          >other limiting issue on your machine that manifested in this way?

          Yeah. What happens if you switch back to Courier New now?

          Lotta
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2009
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "nuxguy" <nuxguy@...> wrote:

            > invisible font

            Sounds like maybe it was running low on graphic resources, what version of Windows are you using? Graphic resources are shared between apps on Windows 98/ME. Even if not shared, possibly resources could be low if a very large number of documents was open in NoteTab.

            Regards,
            Sheri