Intallation over NoteTab Std Trial

  • krwurst53
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2009
      I am considering purchasing NoteTab Standard. All my settings, libraries, etc. are installed in the folder Program Files/NoteTab Std Trial. Will the purchased version install in a new folder or in the NoteTab Std Trial folder? Will I have to relocate all my libraries and redo all my settings? What is the best way to migrate from NoteTab Std Trial to the purchased version?

      Thanks,

      Karl
    • stephen@dennisandstephen.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2009
        Hi Karl.
        I have not updated NoteTab for years, I suspect that the installer will
        take care of this for you, but I'm not sure; I tend to keep old copies of
        NoteTab in different folders for some bizare reason. Just to be on the
        safe side, you can do either of two pretty easy things:
        View|Options|Advanced|Support Files Locations will change the location of
        where NoteTab looks for configuration files and Libraries; making copies
        of any relevant files, including NoteTab's ini file and just placing those
        into the appropriate folder of your new NoteTab's home directory will
        work.