Re: [NTB] Problem with search/replace

  • loro
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6 3:26 PM
      Don Daugherty wrote:
      >mikegrant65@... wrote:
      > > I have noticed an odd bug with search/replace in NoteTab Light 6.12
      > >
      > > I perform a lot of search/replaces on text files to change ^L to
      > ^P, and when I do I get the usual message, eg "173 replacement(s)
      > made in text". However - and here is where the bug appears - if I
      > then click "Replace all" again (even though there are no ^L
      > characters to be replaced) I get a message saying the exact same
      > number of replacements have been made. If I then click "Replace
      > all" yet again, as well as the message I get two ^C characters
      > inserted before each ^P character
      >I believe that you are trying to replace Line-feed characters,
      >represented by the token ^L, with Paragraph characters, represented by
      >the token ^P -- see regular Help, "Find in Files". Since the Paragraph
      >character is in fact a carraige-return/line-feed pair, NoteTab always
      >will find new Line-feeds to replace. If you're trying to do something
      >different, let us know, and I'm sure someone will have a solution for that.

      IIRC it will work if you do a disk search. Or should I call it disk
      replace? Ctrl +D. The easiest is to use File | Export and export in
      Windows format.

      If it hasn't changed in the latest version, haven't kept up, Notetab
      will always use Windows line endings when displaying a document even
      if it's saved in another format.

      Lotta
    • mikegrant65@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7 3:34 AM
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

        > The easiest is to use File | Export and export in
        > Windows format.

        Thanks! This is what I should have been doing from the start I see now that I have tried it.