Re: [NTB] Problem with search/replace

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
      mikegrant65@... wrote:
      > I have noticed an odd bug with search/replace in NoteTab Light 6.12
      >
      > I perform a lot of search/replaces on text files to change ^L to ^P, and when I do I get the usual message, eg "173 replacement(s) made in text". However - and here is where the bug appears - if I then click "Replace all" again (even though there are no ^L characters to be replaced) I get a message saying the exact same number of replacements have been made. If I then click "Replace all" yet again, as well as the message I get two ^C characters inserted before each ^P character
      I believe that you are trying to replace Line-feed characters,
      represented by the token ^L, with Paragraph characters, represented by
      the token ^P -- see regular Help, "Find in Files". Since the Paragraph
      character is in fact a carraige-return/line-feed pair, NoteTab always
      will find new Line-feeds to replace. If you're trying to do something
      different, let us know, and I'm sure someone will have a solution for that.
    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
        Don Daugherty wrote:
        >mikegrant65@... wrote:
        > > I have noticed an odd bug with search/replace in NoteTab Light 6.12
        > >
        > > I perform a lot of search/replaces on text files to change ^L to
        > ^P, and when I do I get the usual message, eg "173 replacement(s)
        > made in text". However - and here is where the bug appears - if I
        > then click "Replace all" again (even though there are no ^L
        > characters to be replaced) I get a message saying the exact same
        > number of replacements have been made. If I then click "Replace
        > all" yet again, as well as the message I get two ^C characters
        > inserted before each ^P character
        >I believe that you are trying to replace Line-feed characters,
        >represented by the token ^L, with Paragraph characters, represented by
        >the token ^P -- see regular Help, "Find in Files". Since the Paragraph
        >character is in fact a carraige-return/line-feed pair, NoteTab always
        >will find new Line-feeds to replace. If you're trying to do something
        >different, let us know, and I'm sure someone will have a solution for that.

        IIRC it will work if you do a disk search. Or should I call it disk
        replace? Ctrl +D. The easiest is to use File | Export and export in
        Windows format.

        If it hasn't changed in the latest version, haven't kept up, Notetab
        will always use Windows line endings when displaying a document even
        if it's saved in another format.

        Lotta
      • mikegrant65@rocketmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2009
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

          > The easiest is to use File | Export and export in
          > Windows format.

          Thanks! This is what I should have been doing from the start I see now that I have tried it.