How to turn off whole-line select in NoteTabLight?

  • Brother Gabriel-Marie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2009
      Hello all!

      I am using NoteTabLight as a scratch pad from which I wish to drag and
      drop text. But when I double-click a word that I want to drag and then
      let up and then start to drag (like in other applications) then NoteTab
      wants to keep selecting text. It doesn't happen every time, and I know
      there is a trick to it to make it work right every time, but it would be
      much easier if I could turn it off.

      And NoteTab Pro doesn't seem to support drag and drop!

      Thanks.
      - Brother Gabriel-Marie
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2009
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...> wrote:

        > Hello all!
        >
        > I am using NoteTabLight as a scratch pad from which I wish to
        > drag and drop text. But when I double-click a word that I want to
        > drag and then let up and then start to drag (like in other
        > applications) then NoteTab wants to keep selecting text. It
        > doesn't happen every time, and I know there is a trick to it to
        > make it work right every time, but it would be much easier if I
        > could turn it off.
        >
        > And NoteTab Pro doesn't seem to support drag and drop!

        Drag and drop of text works for me, in Pro and Light. I just select the text I want, then click in that text and drag it to the new destination.

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12, 2009
          Have you tried "Sticky Keys?"

          Jeff

          Sheri wrote:
          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Brother Gabriel-Marie <brgabriel@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hello all!
          >>
          >> I am using NoteTabLight as a scratch pad from which I wish to
          >> drag and drop text. But when I double-click a word that I want to
          >> drag and then let up and then start to drag (like in other
          >> applications) then NoteTab wants to keep selecting text. It
          >> doesn't happen every time, and I know there is a trick to it to
          >> make it work right every time, but it would be much easier if I
          >> could turn it off.
          >>
          >> And NoteTab Pro doesn't seem to support drag and drop!
          >>

          > Drag and drop of text works for me, in Pro and Light. I just select the text I want, then click in that text and drag it to the new destination.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sheri

          Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
          Flockmaster,

          http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/

          http://bsmeadow.blogspot.com/ Blacksheep's Meadow

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/7764576@N05/ Photostream
        • Brother Gabriel-Marie
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2009
            I figured it out. It had to do with Powerpro. Powerpro was looking for
            a caption called "Notepad" (no, not *Notepad*, or *Notepad, or Notepad*)
            and for some reason it has always interfered with anything else called
            "Note"-anything. I just forgot about that. But I erased that entry
            from Powerpro's Autorun and it works now.
            Thanks, however!

            Re: How to turn off whole-line select in NoteTabLight?
            Posted by: "Jeff" jeff@... scismgenie
            Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:19 pm (PDT)

            Have you tried "Sticky Keys?"

            Jeff